X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTT Men

I have a men from E-Bogu (I think) that is too small for me, and would like to trade for a larger one. The inside measurements are 9"x6". It is in excellent condition- anyone interested in swapping, email slikrickabn@yahoo.com or PM here.

Thanks

Can't you ship it back and ask them for a larger one?

Comment

I think the OP mentioned in another thread that he bought a second-hand men.

Comment

Oh, I see; that's too bad then. Hopefully someone can help him out.

Comment

Yes, I bought it second hand, and I think I can still use it, but would be better if I could find a larger one. Hopefully a Kendo dojo looking a smaller men will have a larger one to swap!

Comment

If you are looking to sell it you need the proper measurements. The 2 usually used are metric hat size (around the head atthe forehead in cm) and around the head from chin to crown. You can see a picture of how to do it at any supplier website like ebogu. Measure yourself, and we have a ballpark as we know its a little small.

Comment

My head is 57cm around by 46cm long... it it helps

Comment

47 is much too short, the 2nd measurement is usually 10 cm or so more than the 1st. What people normally use are the "A" and "B" measurements as shown below:

Last edited by Neil Gendzwill; 26th August 2012, 02:29 AM.

Comment

A=57cm
                  B=66.5cm

Sorry, read the tape wrong!

Comment

Typically e-bogu men in adult sizes come in 2 cm increments starting at 64 cm (B). If it is a little too small (uncomfortably tight) it might be a 66 cm one, a lot too small (can't get your forehead to the pad) it may be 64.

The 3rd possibility is that it actually fits and you don't know it. You might have a kendo instructor check it for fit, if you have access to one.

Comment

I don't have access to one Neil, but when I put my chin in the men, my forehead is about 1/2 to 1 inch from the forehead pad.

Comment

As for the chest protector, ladies built like 'Fuji-San' (narrow up top, wide below), a doh fitting the hips may be wide at the 'munet' making tenouchi and striking men with rather straight arms rather than elbows akimbo, a challenge. Thank you, Gendzwill Sensei, for the clear diagrams as plan to offer a long-faced fellow a nice men that's too big for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X