X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• costs for kendo lessons

OK I'm deffinitely sure my mom would let me take lessons. But the only ting hindering me right now is money. Besides the kendo equipment, I wanted to know about the costs for taking kendo lessons. Do any of you guys want to contribute information? I know it probably varies from dojo to dojo, but if I can get a few answers than I could get an average result.
    Thanks in advance!

Here in Germany it costs me 150euro a year. That should be about 180 dollar or something like that^^

Comment

Originally posted by chewbooker
      OK I'm deffinitely sure my mom would let me take lessons. But the only ting hindering me right now is money. Besides the kendo equipment, I wanted to know about the costs for taking kendo lessons. Do any of you guys want to contribute information? I know it probably varies from dojo to dojo, but if I can get a few answers than I could get an average result.
      Thanks in advance!
      why dont you just go to a dojo where you are probably gonna practice and ask? Makes more sense if you are definitely going to do kendo.

Comment

Thanks in advance!
        take steelkendo's advice and go ask your local dojo how much it will cost.

depends on the dojo, it might take anywhere from $1 US to over $100 US a month.

our dojo, if you are under 18, it's $1 a month (over 18, $2 a month). of course, there is additional $20 for shinai, and $20 of one time initiation fee. but it's cheap as they come.

pete

Comment

Ours is a university club, and dues are $30 per semester (Spring and Fall - we meet unofficially over Summer since most people are away then). For first-time members it's $50, and that includes the jukdo.

Comment

After you pay for your gi, hakama, bogu, etc, then the month to month dues are tiny. Just go and you won't regret it.

Comment

Check this thread out:

http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8818

But then, it would all depend on where you are, geographically as well...

Comment

I just start to attend Kendo class again in Newtown, PA (took a 2 years break from Kendo to catch up with new job in PA and newly found gf!)

The fee of kendo class here is $99 per month.

Our class is located inside a health club, so the fee includes usage of all the equipments, Karate club, Yoga club..etc So, I think the price is about right.
                www.thesoleburyclub.com beside, the Kendo Class is affiliated with Princeton Kendo club and AUSKF affiliated so it should be reputable.

Peace out~

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshito
                  That is definitely on the high end for kendo. Most clubs are cheaper.

Comment

Yow! We charge $35 per month for adults, $25 per month for juniors, but we don't get any access to the facility. A swim after keiko sure would be nice sometimes....

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
                      That is definitely on the high end for kendo. Most clubs are cheaper.
                      Yeah, I would not recommend anyone to spent $99 per month just to train Kendo. However, during the off day I stop by the club for saunas, weight training and Yoga (mostly to meet other pretty ladies lol ) so not too bad

Comment

Thanks in advance!
                        Dojo fees in Hawaii are not expensive at all. Classes are usually under $10 a month and federation dues are $5 a year. Like I've written before, try Mililani or Wahiawa. Wahiawa practice is cancelled for a while because of bon dance season but you can email Nakamura sensei at wonderdog72@hotmail.com.

Comment

[COLOR=black]I just start to attend Kendo class again in Newtown, PA . . .
                          When are classes? I have been wanting to go to the George Nakashima studio in New Hope for some time and they are open for visitors on Saturdays.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz
                            When are classes? I have been wanting to go to the George Nakashima studio in New Hope for some time and they are open for visitors on Saturdays.
                            lol Nakashima's work is incredible! Anyway, class is held Monday and Tuesday 8:00pm 9:40pm. The club is a bit slow since most peoples are out on Summer vacation.

Comment

As with everything else in New York (City), Kendo too is expensive. The various clubs have different ways of structuring their fees, but you can generally count on paying $90 -$100/month. Ahhhh, such is life here in Gotham.

Comment

Working...
                              X