Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user functions

Hi KW team,

Well done to the new look of the KWF. I hope you'll be doing something new for the KW main site later on too.

Can someone do a brief intro on what the new options/functions are? I am overwhelmed by all the extra buttons, tables and dropdown manuals.

(Argh. I accidentally clicked on my own reputation button )

BTW I am a bit disappointed we've all lost our flags and titles... I hold mine with pride...

Also, what about the Calendar? Apart from the b-day list I was about to add some local events... but it's Admin-only...

Cheers,

I like the new look. Once I got used to it I have found it much easier to navigate. I have to agree with minshi though, I miss the flags. What can I say, I like flags.

Comment

The final version isn't out yet, although its very close. Once it comes out the update for the Flag hack/patch should be out soon after that. That was one of my favourites, too.

I'm a bit overwhelmed, too! If anyone else has got a better handle on the changes, please post away.

I'll have a look at the calendar, Mingshi.

As for the main site, Sept. 1st is the day for the unveiling of the new-look site, and from the advance designs, I think you'll be impressed.

Hamish

Comment

Looking forward to it. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,
          How does the reputation thing work?
          Is it good or bad to have a big rep. number (just saw my total in my Control Panel!!)
          THanks,
          W.W.

Comment

Yah whats with the reputation thang anyway???

Comment

Originally posted by Nishi
              Yah whats with the reputation thang anyway???
              Same feature as "karma" over on e-budo. People are allowed to vote positively or negatively on your posts, which adds or subtracts one to your reputation. Easy to abuse so don't take it too seriously.

Comment

Still unsure where the reputation buttons are in the control panel...where can you find your (and others) totals?

Comment

Originally posted by Nishi
                  Still unsure where the reputation buttons are in the control panel...where can you find your (and others) totals?
                  If you click the talking head button to the left of the edit button on a post, you can add/subtract reputation. If you do it on one of your own posts, it will show you your total reputation and also a text description specific to that post ("even" and "somewhat positive" are the only ones I've seen) plus any comments. At the bottom of your user control panel you'll see a "latest reputation received" dealy. Maybe it doesn't appear if you haven't gotten any votes yet. I'll add to your rep for the previous post, then you can check it.

Comment

got it!

I see, your right, you need to give a bit of rep before it shows up.
                    Cheers for the head start, my rep is very important to me

Comment

slight change of topic

how dya get the title things?
                      registered user is too normal for me

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish
                        The final version isn't out yet, although its very close. Once it comes out the update for the Flag hack/patch should be out soon after that. That was one of my favourites, too.

I'm a bit overwhelmed, too! If anyone else has got a better handle on the changes, please post away.

I'll have a look at the calendar, Mingshi.

As for the main site, Sept. 1st is the day for the unveiling of the new-look site, and from the advance designs, I think you'll be impressed.

Hamish
                        Also the Avatar Function doesn't seem to work?
                        Thanks, Stan

Comment

Noticed these today:

1. Country flag is only on at the PM compose boxes... not the forum...
                          2. There is a button for Change My Avatar, but none for Upload... (There is just a radio button for delete and save!!)
                          3. Can't change User Title...

Comment

Can anyone explain how you post images into your posts???

Comment

Working...
                            X