This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Get an Avatar?

To get an avatar, first you must have more than 60 posts to your name, then you need to upload your graphics file, which must be 50 X 50 maximum in gif format. Note that the user permissions for this are only updated once per day, so wait at least one day after achieving 60. Note that this post has been updated to reflect reality: ignore any guesses in succeeding posts.

Hamish

PS Please also note that low/no-content messages posted for the sole purpose of getting an avatar will be deleted. Please participate in the forum normally, you will get there soon enough.

Neil
    Last edited by Neil Gendzwill; 7th August 2009, 05:53 AM. Reason: Fix this sucker once and for all

Can't get Avatar!!

Originally posted by Hamish
    To get an avatar, first you must have more than 10 posts to your name, then you need to upload your graphics file, which must be 50 X 50 maximum in gif format.

Hamish
    The system won't give the option to upload a Avatar. Can you help!

Thanks, Stanford.

"Strength and Honor"

Comment

Hi Stanford,

What do you see when you go to 'Avatar' under your userCP panel?

Hamish

Comment

Edit Avatar
        Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.

Do not use an avatar
        (Note - if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.) No Avatar Specified

This is what is presented there is no option to change or add a avatar. If you press submit modification or reset fields nothing happens.

Comment

I had a look in the control panel, but it should be OK. There is no option below that for custom avatars? There should be a check box to enable it.

If its still no go, mail me your avatar and I'll do it from here.

Hamish

Comment

'raises hand'

I'm having the same problem as highelf.
            What address should I send the avatar to...also is it 50 x 50 (pixels?) and does it have to be a gif?

Thanks

-Koori

Comment

Nice one i'd better get posting so I can get a dinky pic!

Comment

Getting an Avatar

Just send Sminki $100 and he will give you the secret password to get an avatar. In addition, he will explain why the password is the same in Japanese and Korean and provide an authoritative history of password selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Warrior
                  Just send Sminki $100 and he will give you the secret password to get an avatar. In addition, he will explain why the password is the same in Japanese and Korean and provide an authoritative history of password selection.
                  Thank you for reminding me that "criminal lawyer" is a redundancy...

Comment

I am unable to upload a new avatar either..... Ive tryed with both IE ver 6 and Netscape Nav 7.1

Comment

I have made some changes to the system that should allow avatars to be uploaded. Please try again and let me know how you get on.

regards

Hamish

Originally posted by angryshinai
                      I am unable to upload a new avatar either..... Ive tryed with both IE ver 6 and Netscape Nav 7.1

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish
                        I have made some changes to the system that should allow avatars to be uploaded. Please try again and let me know how you get on.

regards

Hamish
                        Still getting this

Edit Avatar
                        Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.

Do not use an avatar
                        (Note - if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.) No Avatar Specified

No luck this still pops up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by highelf
                          Edit Avatar

Do not use an avatar
                          Me Too!! Still cant upload, chang or specify a new location for an avatar..

Comment

yeah, same here and i found an awesome new one as well

Comment

Bugger, so much for that idea! I'll try again.

Comment

Working...
                              X