X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kurisu View Post
    Are you using a ball on your foot? That was probably the best thing that worked for me. It took nearly 3 months before I felt it fully healed. Have you considered jodan? I ended up switching to jodan so I could still practice and not slow the healing process down too much.
    yes, i do the ball thing. frozen plastic bottle of water too. and various stretching. that really helps. still not healed fully but getting better. my fumikomi is back!!

i tried jodan once the first month but my sensei promptly yelled at me when he saw me jigeikoing in jodan lol i don't like jodan that much anyway...

wookiesmurf... left foot? i dont know. i have a funny arch, so i use one of those kendo "heel support" but then again, i dont really align the "heel" pad in the heel! i move it forward so it covers/fills my arch instead (the ball of the foot and heel exposed). this saves me a lot of injuries. but thats the stomping foot.... i'm not sure why would you need arch support for the left....?

Comment

Originally posted by Paburo View Post
      wookiesmurf... left foot? i dont know. i have a funny arch, so i use one of those kendo "heel support" but then again, i dont really align the "heel" pad in the heel! i move it forward so it covers/fills my arch instead (the ball of the foot and heel exposed). this saves me a lot of injuries. but thats the stomping foot.... i'm not sure why would you need arch support for the left....?
      It would be more for TSKSR than for kendo, really.

Comment

I had this problem when I changed my footwork (especially for tobikomi men), but the actual cause for me was fallen arches.

The things that worked best for me in terms of healing were shoe inserts / better shoes. Regular hot / freeze treatments helped with the pain but didn't seem to fix anything.

This problem can reoccur so the fix has to be permanent in my experience.

Comment

ooh nice thread and help
          i am currently using fake crocs shoes (cheaper) which are nice on the base of the foot.
          a rolling pin similar to the tennis ball is also meant to help, but my issue keeps coming and going.
          the doctor said ibuprofen and time will fix it but they are liars

Comment

No idea if anyone looks at this thread but I used the following support which really helped:

http://www.elastoplastsport.co.uk/pr...ankle-support/

Comment

Article from CNN Sports Illustrated on plantar fasciitis, worth reading:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_bf3_a2

Comment

Working...
              X