X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here

Well, I just started kendo in Febuary, found this forum... ten minutes ago. So hello everyone.

My feet feel like they're going to fall off, my hands have blisters, and my legs are sore.

But goddamnit I'm having too much fun to stop

welcome to the forum, blisters and pain are part of kendo u get used to it, good luck with your kendo

Comment

Hey there^^ Welcome!

It's good you still enthusiastically practise even though it hurts, that's a good sign!

Comment

Welcome...

Hope you enjoy the good advice and randomness and jokes and kendo and iaido advice and... ... ... ...

Just enjoy it here...

Comment

Welcome!! Glad your enjoying Kendo.

Comment

Hey there.

I'm another newbie too. Newbie to kendo and these forums.

I don't think there is quite enough warning about the randomness that consumes these threads. But if you lurk about long enough, you'll find some really good advice out there.

Comment

Welcome,

I'm not new to kendo but I am new to this forum. I think I'll be visiting this place a bit to glean any advice I can get. The only advice I can give you is not to worry about the pain from the sore legs and blistered hands as it will fade but your enthusiasm for kendo will just keep on going.
              You'll probably bore your friends/relatives/co-workers about it all and they'll tell you to shup up a lot, I know that I did, hahaha!!
              Last edited by Dai Kendo; 14th April 2008, 12:21 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

hmm, shouldnt it be blistered foot and sore hands?

welcome. I just started in FEB too. and now that the less devoted people has dropped out, we have more room and more time from the seniors to teach us.

had to say that i am absolutely having the time of my life, hope you are as well!

Comment

Originally posted by imnothere View Post
                  hmm, shouldnt it be blistered foot and sore hands?

welcome. I just started in FEB too. and now that the less devoted people has dropped out, we have more room and more time from the seniors to teach us.

had to say that i am absolutely having the time of my life, hope you are as well!
                  You can get blisters on your hands at first, then you develop nice little callouses. Sometimes has a lot to do with your grip, but early on its just not being used to gripping and swinging. As for your feet, glide dont slide. It'll all become clear he longer you go to practice. Have fun! Thats the most important part.

Comment

Hey there.

I'm another newbie. I have something different and special for you guys.Take a look and find something special.

Property Directory|Wholesale Billiards|Wholesale Batteries|Something Directory
                    Last edited by Hataish; 25th July 2008, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Hello absenteekendoka,
                      When you glide, you are trying to make minimal contact with the floor right? Versus sliding where your feet is making constant contact with the floor? When you slide, are you gaining small distances or long distances? When I step forward and push with my left leg, and move forward with my hara, I gain a good two feet. Is this distance too long? Should I be gliding more often with shorter intervals? Thank you head.

Comment

Hello all im rather new to this fourm, looks pretty cool as well. Currently I practice Muso Jikiden Eishen Ryu Iaido and Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu kenjutsu alongside Jitsu, look forward to participating in with the posts on this forum, cheers

Comment

Welcome all you new guys!!!

So many new people starting kendo!!!

Is there a new film with Kendo in that is sparking all this interest! lol

Comment

Hey everyone!
                            Don't worry I'm pretty new to kendo, and I agree if you lurk here long enough you will find great people and advice.
                            Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                            X