X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hola. I have a few questions...

I'm completely new to kendo and very interested in it...although I haven't yet managed to sit in a single lesson.

I am curious to know if there are any kendo dojos in Philly? I've looked up both Ken Wa Ken and Tan Shin Kai Dojos and unfortunately I can reach neither by public transportation...I think.

More importantly, I'm wondering if it is a good idea for me to take up kendo? I have a condition that makes it extremely uncomfortable for me to sit on my right leg for any more than 5 seconds. Opinions would be extremely welcome!

If anyone's curious, this is the condition I "had" :
    http://www.childrenshospital.org/az/...geS1100P0.html

This would have been better off in the dojo forum.

As for dojos in the Philadelphia area, I don't know about public transportation, so perhaps you can find someone who would be able to take you or perhaps ride a bicycle. I don't know how bad your condition is, so it's hard to say anything with regard to that.

I know that there have been people with handicaps of various kinds who've been able to do kendo if they wanted to, so I can't imagine that you would be any exception if you're willing to put forth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffeh View Post
      I'm completely new to kendo and very interested in it...although I haven't yet managed to sit in a single lesson.

I am curious to know if there are any kendo dojos in Philly? I've looked up both Ken Wa Ken and Tan Shin Kai Dojos and unfortunately I can reach neither by public transportation...I think.

More importantly, I'm wondering if it is a good idea for me to take up kendo? I have a condition that makes it extremely uncomfortable for me to sit on my right leg for any more than 5 seconds. Opinions would be extremely welcome!

If anyone's curious, this is the condition I "had" :
      http://www.childrenshospital.org/az/...geS1100P0.html
      Griffeh, check your PM inbox. I sent you some info that should help.

Comment

Working...
      X