Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technical Forum Issue- is this supposed to happen?? It's DRIVING ME CRAZY. :)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Forum Issue- is this supposed to happen?? It's DRIVING ME CRAZY. :)

Ok, heres the thing- After I log into my account, if I spend more than uhm, 30 seconds to write a post or new thread (i.e. more than two or three sentences), - anything longer than that, and I am loged out and I have to log back in again.

It's really driving me crazy. Is that supposed to happen, or is their something wrong with my account? I understand that if you are inactive the website should log you out after a few minutes- but seriously, I can't even finish my posts before it logs me out!!

It might have to do with cookies.
    If the only thing you can think of is the food, then try this:
    (Internet Explorer): Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Medium/Medium High.
    Not sure if this is the issue but worth a shot.

Comment

Enable cookies, and when you log in be sure to check the little box that says to keep you logged in. Also, log in from the forum page, not the main page.

Comment

the same thing happens for me but i just thought it was normal

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill View Post
          Enable cookies, and when you log in be sure to check the little box that says to keep you logged in. Also, log in from the forum page, not the main page.

It seems to be happening on three different computers... I also tried enabling the cookies just for this site and it didn't work.

So far, it does the same thing on: my home computer, my work computer and also now, the library computer)

It wouldn't have been a bad thing except that I wasn't able to edit something because I had to re-sign in and by then it was too late.

Maybe it is supposed to happen? I don't know, that's why i asked.

Also what do you mean, by logging into the forum page and not the main page?? I always just go directly to the forums, read stuff, feel moved to post, click post reply (log in, as normal) write my pst, click submit reply, and then.... arg... log in again.

<sigh>

Comment

It's not normal. It's almost certain to be a cookie and/or cache problem. Sometimes, even after you enable cookies, you'll need to clear your cache first and then login while making sure to check the "remember me" box.

Comment

Always happens to me too unless I check the box to always stay logged in. I thought it might be a problem with cookie expiration, which would be a site problem... but since it works fine if I check the box, I never really cared much.

Comment

What box? Do you mean the remember me box?

I thought someone said there was a box that says stay logged in or something, but if so I can't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartialArtsGirl View Post

I thought someone said there was a box that says stay logged in or something, but if so I can't find it.
                  It's an issue with either:

*Your local intranet (If you use a proxy)
                  *A program such as Norton Antivirus or a firewall, either Hardware or software.
                  * Your Temp file may be full
                  *Or there may be a browser setting which is turned off/on.

Google the words (My cookies are not being accepted (name of browser)
                  There is an answer out there.

Comment

I have the same problem. I'm a member of several forums and only kendo world en the dutch mustang forum log me out after a short period of time. The solution for the problem is to simply copy the text push the submit reply button and paste it after you logged in again.

Comment

Originally posted by MartialArtsGirl View Post
                      Yes. That would be the one.

Comment

I have the same issue and use several forums with the same platform. This doesn't happen on any other forum. Is the timeout like 5 minutes or what?

Comment

Working...
                        X