X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just starting kendo

Hi, names craig age 17, just starting out in kendo went to my first class just before Christmas, enjoyed it but there's a lot to take in. first class was ... quite. im hoping because it was just before Christmas not may people where their ruffly 8 people. everyone I've met so far seems nice. i go to taiseidokai kendo club if anyone here goes look out for me after new year. seems like fun hope i get along with everybody.

kendo is a lot harder than i first thought if anyone has any general tips or help i would appreciate it, thanks.

Originally posted by Kureigu View Post
    kendo is a lot harder than i first thought if anyone has any general tips or help i would appreciate it, thanks.
    Well is wasn't hard then it wouldn't be that good. But seriously give it a try. I was 14 when I joined (36 now and still doing it) A friend of mine took me along to see what it was like and I was hooked (my friend quit a few weeks later). Many years of blisters, bruses, one broken hand and a broken toe later (funny story) and I don't regret one ounce of it.

Comment

How did you brake your toe?? can't see how that happened.

Comment

lol, i bet he tripped on his hakama.

Comment

Originally posted by Nakaleen View Post
          Well is wasn't hard then it wouldn't be that good. But seriously give it a try. I was 14 when I joined (36 now and still doing it) A friend of mine took me along to see what it was like and I was hooked (my friend quit a few weeks later). Many years of blisters, bruses, one broken hand and a broken toe later (funny story) and I don't regret one ounce of it.
          wow 14!! Lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by Kureigu View Post
            first class was ... quite.
            Quite what?

Comment

Good luck Craig. There is indeed a lot to take in, your best bet is to just go with the flow and expect your learning to come in time. Sometimes you can't force these things, just be patient and enjoy going and being part of the club. Oh, and don't forget to kiai, the shouty bit!

Comment

Working...
              X