X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big guy bogu suggestions

Hello all, I am new to Kendo and loving it. I'm 46 years old, 6'1" and weigh 345 lbs. I'm wondering if anyone out there knows where I could get a bogu without having to get a custom made one. The men and kote shouldn't be a problem, but I am assuming the do and tare will be. I wear a size 50 pants. Thanks!

The short answer is, no where that I know of. Your size will require some customization.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPsyllos View Post
      Hello all, I am new to Kendo and loving it. I'm 46 years old, 6'1" and weigh 345 lbs. I'm wondering if anyone out there knows where I could get a bogu without having to get a custom made one. The men and kote shouldn't be a problem, but I am assuming the do and tare will be. I wear a size 50 pants. Thanks!
      Have you been able to find hakama?

I have seen larger gentlemen sew in a panel along the side of their hakama to accomidate them.

Comment

I actually just got my Hakama and keikogi today from e-mudo, but the keikogi was too small, although it was their largest size. I can't believe that there is no place in NYC to get a kendo uniform! I live in the suburbs, but traveled into Manhattan and couldn't find a place. I'm hoping that e-mudo will have an answer for me on Monday. ANd thanks for being polite with the "larger gentlemen" line! I will try that if I have to.
        Peter

Comment

Working...
        X