X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothing...

Hello, I was just wondering about a certain type of clothing samurai wore and most kenjutsu people wear today.

These pictures will help what I'm trying to look for.

The top part of the uniform is what I'm looking for. A very long and slacky top and the clothing under it I'm assuming is a gi. Anyways, does anyone know what that uniform is and where I can buy it?

Thank you for reading, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I believe what you are looking for, a montsuki, has to be either made or you can try and find one (that fits) at a used kimono shop. I would suggest the latter.

May I ask why you are looking for one?

Comment

Look at the www.ichiroya.com , they have a lot of vintage menkimono and (sometimes)used real samurai-uniforms from before WWII, but they usually put those items at their e-baysite. Good luck.

Comment

...just...when did my sensei turn out to be a samurai????

Comment

Thank you very much, SEEK. I think I've found what I've been looking for.

"May I ask why you are looking for one?"
          Oh, I'm entering kenjutsu soon and want the proper uniform.

Thanks again.

Comment

Well you most likely won't need a montsuki right off the bat.

Comment

Hi Ryan Shores,

I have been trying to get one of these for about 2 years now. Never get around to it though . It is not called Montsuki it is a Haori and women also have a type of Haori, you wear it over your Kimono when you go out side like a coat but not as worm. People nowadays wear them for thing like weddings I went to a Koto performance and a man that played the Shakuhachi showed me his Hakama and Haori. Makes my laugh thinking we wear things like that in Kendo. It like wearing a three piece sute lol.. I tried to get on in Japan but they were much to expensive for me about 200. Check out E-bay...

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...ty=MetaEndSort

This one is quite nice

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=29452

I bought a woments kimono from Ryujiro for my mother..

Comment

Lol I can just hear the veins in peoples heads frobing so I'll say I am not sure it is a Haori but haori and montsuki seem very alike. Maybe on is a little longer though.

Comment

Not only did you repeat what I already said, but you are (as usual) completely wrong. Almost everything you post includes the phrase "I'm not sure but...". Why don't you just wait until you are sure before posting?

Comment

As usual you are beeing rude Viking ...

Comment

And what does your post mean?

Not only did you repeat what I already said, but you are (as usual) completely wrong.
                      One, I did not repeat what you said what did you say? Don't bother to get a montsuki or what ever it is? Why would he want to post here if he did not want to get one? Who are you to tell people what and what not to get? Are you a guru or some thing?

Two, you said I am wrong but I was copying you that I was of course not, and you were also wrong if I was wrong.. lol

I think maybe there is come language gap here.

Comment

If a least what you said could make sense, you would look less stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Musha
                          One, I did not repeat what you said what did you say? Don't bother to get a montsuki or what ever it is? Why would he want to post here if he did not want to get one? Who are you to tell people what and what not to get? Are you a guru or some thing?
                          Ah, there you go making up dialogue again. I asked Mr. Shore politely why he was searching for a montsuki. He said he was starting kenjutsu soon. Seeing as how a montsuki would not be worn for everyday practice (I would hope not), and only for special ocasions (demos and what have you), I told him he probably would not need one right away. This is a friendly suggestion to save Ryan a few bucks. He can go buy what ever the hell he wants; I have no intention on stopping him, nor do I care.
                          Oh and yes, I am a guru. What tipped you off?

I think maybe there is come language gap here.
                          Yes, there most certainly is a language gap here... right between your ears chump. Are you a native English speaker, musha?

Comment

Of course I am I mean you..

Comment

Of course I am I mean you..
                              Oh, so you really are just a dumbass. I figured maybe you were studying abroad in England or something. (Just checked out your profile) Aaah, I see, you are just 17. Well that explains a few things.
                              Oh and "kendo shinshinsha" should be "kendo shoshinsha". May I suggest a refresher course in English before trying to tackle Japanese? Nevermind, you just keep skipping that next step, so you can get to "the end" faster and tell everyone what the journey is like.

Comment

Working...
                              X