X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
    ... The SEUSKF web site has just been transferred to a new web hosting company and is currently in the process of being rebuilt but all this information should be back online soon.
    Anyway you can have your SEUSKF board rep ask that the national organization post the appropriate docs and information on the AUSKF website? It sure seems like it would be helpful to down load the actual rules and documents.

Comment

I just uploaded the promotion regs and guide to the SEUSKF site but I can also send a link to it to the AUSKF web site manager sensei.

Comment

I just uploaded the promotion regs and guide to the SEUSKF site but I can also send a link to it to the AUSKF web site manager sensei.
        Sounds like a good idea. But what I was really thinking about is having the AUSKF put the policies and procedures, bylaws, testing regulations, etc up on the website so that US kenshi could get information as needed.

Comment

Ahh, I guess I just assumed they had that stuff up there as far as the official AUSKF regs are concerned. I believe I have copies of them from the last version I knew about (which are like from 2006/2007 I think). I will be posting all the SEUSKF specific stuff (like SEUSKF By-Laws, Policies/Procedures etc) up on the SEUSKF site soon, possibly today.

Comment

Hey MikeW, thanks for clearing that up. What about wait times between kyu ranks? AUSKF says it leaves the determination of kyu rankings up to the member federations. Is there a set waiting period? I think I was told 3 months between kyu ranks but I've seen nothing in writing to confirm that.

Comment

Ahh, I guess I just assumed they had that stuff up there as far as the official AUSKF regs are concerned. I believe I have copies of them from the last version I knew about (which are like from 2006/2007 I think). I will be posting all the SEUSKF specific stuff (like SEUSKF By-Laws, Policies/Procedures etc) up on the SEUSKF site soon, possibly today.
              In April of this year the AUSKF bylaws and P&P were updated and approved by the directors. At that time I sent out copies of the latest to all the member federation presidents and board members. Currently there is a new section that has been approved as of November 14, 2011 which I will add shortly. This new section 29.00 is concerning the Team USA give back program. As of this past weekend I am the head of the Development Committee and Ex. VP of AUSKF and will be working to provide a "virtual office" through the AUSKF web site. I do not intend to add the member federation documents but we will continue to have links to all member websites where those documents can be viewed. I am working with the committee to define what a virtual office consists of and how to implement it. The first thing I am trying to do is get an event schedule establish that goes out 2-3 years. That would be all AUSKF sanction events which several are TBD in terms of place and time. I also would like to establish a community bulletin board for member activities but I don't exactly know what that means yet. Mostly what I am thinking is a one line with event and date and go see member website. E.G. PNKF Taikai 11/3/12.
              If you need AUSKF documents I will be happy to send them to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Electronegative View Post
                Hey everyone,

We have a new member that just joined our college club this year. He did Kumdo and has a rank. At first I thought that he was KKA member, but just found out that his dojang was KKF and not KKA member.
                I couldn't find out, but does anyone know if KKF is FIK member?
                I'm asking because when he registers to AUSKF and SEUSKF next year with us, what would he put down for his rank.
                No, his federation is not part of the FIK or any of its subsidiaries. The only federation that his school grades through is the Kukkiwon (taekwondo).

I know GM Hee Wk Kim personally and have first hand experience with his dojang and his federations. I practice kendo in the same county. PM me if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Sullivan View Post
                  No, his federation is not part of the FIK or any of its subsidiaries. The only federation that his school grades through is the Kukkiwon (taekwondo).

I know GM Hee Wk Kim personally and have first hand experience with his dojang and his federations. I practice kendo in the same county. PM me if you'd like.
                  Sorry Mr. Sullivan for writing ill of you and your instructor on this forum but you guys are not even real kumdo practioners. You are most likely some level of TKD practioners that started to try "kumdo". I've seen youtube footage of GM Hee Wk Kim and his kumdo/iaido wouldn't pass for shodan. You paid the instructor fee and took whatever class to be ceritifed by his fake federation. Because of your rank in TKD you were certified as 4th Dan in his federation and I have seen pictures of you with nito. Also you contacted me and most likely other AUSKF dojos to kind of get more information to look authentic and your students don't know better. I did see some of your students at the SEUSKF Tournament and my guess is not all AUSKF tournaments check or maybe require AUSKF membership. In MD around the same area there are a couple MC Dojos and unfortunately not everyone is aware of the AUSKF when they are interested in starting kendo or iaido. I advise nobody to PM him on this forum or Linkled Kendo Professionals Group.

Comment

whoa.

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
                      whoa.
                      Mr. Sullivan has the right to make a living but trying to seem sincere and phish for information about our fees and other stuff from people under the guise that you want to practice with other kendo dojos is not good karma. You are not the first to do it and we are starting to get more people that had "private" or fake kendo lessons from other groups before they contact us.

Comment

I don't know Mr Sullivan at all... or the KKF folks being referred to here...

...but this notion of "TKD school 'certifying' people in 'kumdo'" is not an unfamiliar topic to me.
                        Last edited by Neil Gendzwill; 24th April 2012, 11:17 AM. Reason: OP's request

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
                          I don't know Mr Sullivan at all... or the KKF folks being referred to here...

...but this notion of "TKD school 'certifying' people in 'kumdo'" is not an unfamiliar topic to me.
                          It is not a new notion to me either and I'm sure sooner they are going to add Mixed Martial Arts to the list. I've seen them offer both hapkido and judo. My limited understanding hapkido has striking techiques so they can kind of get away with doing more mat work and calling it judo. Also it is not uncommon in martial arts different styles of Karate or TKD not recognizing ranks or different affiliations. It would just suck if my main goal was to learn kendo/kumdo and I devoted my time/money and effort. With any physical activity in addition to the other stuff you usually look at do the instructor and students some mastery or skill level. Website, authentic look, etc doesn't make up for skill level.

Comment

...all of us in the Federation value the peaceful relations with our Cardassian neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by enkorat View Post
                              ...all of us in the Federation value the peaceful relations with our Cardassian neighbors.
                              So long as they stay out of the tabloids and keep wearing their bikinis.

Comment

Originally posted by Toshiro Mifune View Post
                                It is not a new notion to me either and I'm sure sooner they are going to add Mixed Martial Arts to the list. I've seen them offer both hapkido and judo. My limited understanding hapkido has striking techiques so they can kind of get away with doing more mat work and calling it judo. Also it is not uncommon in martial arts different styles of Karate or TKD not recognizing ranks or different affiliations. It would just suck if my main goal was to learn kendo/kumdo and I devoted my time/money and effort. With any physical activity in addition to the other stuff you usually look at do the instructor and students some mastery or skill level. Website, authentic look, etc doesn't make up for skill level.
                                What's really sad is that their students devote so much time and effort training with them to learn their "Kumdo", and at the end they aren't learning anything legitimate. Their former student who joined our college Kendo club doesn't realize that he trained at a "mcdojo", and seems to think the difference between Our Kendo and his "Kumdo" is due to differences in the "styles". I know that this is complete BS, because we have another member who trained at a legitimate KKA dojo (Hwa Rang Kwan), and his Kumdo is close to Japanese Kendo, although with very minor differences.

Comment

Working...
                                X