X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay

Has anyone ever bought any Kendo equipment from eBay? I am looking at stuff at the moment and it looks pretty good and in decent condition. There is also a full bogu set currently on there for 41 at the moment! haha.

Anyone bought Kendo equipment from eBay?
    If you have was it cool? Had any problems?

The most I've gotten from ebay were a couple of a student grade shinai, which were about the same quality as you'd get anywhere. In the end, it only saved me a few bucks.

As for bogu, I'd personally rather spend the extra money to purchase that gear from a reputable vendor...but that's just me. Since I'm so new to this, I don't have a keen eye for quality on bogu so I just buy the best I can afford from ebogu.

More than the money and quality issue, though, I'm none too keen about slipping into someone else's gear (so to speak). I want the only funk on my bogu to come from *my* pores, you know?

My $0.02.

Comment

Well at the moment I'm highest bidder on a Shinai (39) and White Oak Bokken with a bag. My offer? £5

(postage £10)

Comment

I would seriously advise against buying bogu before you've even started kendo. At all.

regards,
        Jason

Comment

didn't say i was buying bogu :P shinai and bokken i'm buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Eamer
            didn't say i was buying bogu :P shinai and bokken i'm buying.
            Why not buy garanteed brand new from a site that sells kendo equipment?

By the way, my parents and 6 other people got screwed for $400 by some b*tch scammer when they tried to get me some bogu from ebay.

Comment

You may have got scammed out of $400 for bogu but like I said I'M NOT GETTING BOGU!

This stuff looks prety decent, has pics and whatever and for £15 (inc. postage) it isn't exactly a bad deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eamer
                You may have got scammed out of $400 for bogu but like I said I'M NOT GETTING BOGU!
                What the f*** is your problem?

I'm just trying to warn you that they try to reel you in with to-good-to-be-true cheap prices for ANYTHING.

Comment

Working...
                X