X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world championships

would you need a dan grade to be in the world championships?

p.s. im from irealnd. hope that helps

Originally posted by conbob
    would you need a dan grade to be in the world championships?

p.s. im from irealnd. hope that helps

Again, depends on the country. Some may require a certain grade to try out for the team, in some others the try outs may be open to anybody. But yeah, you probably need a dan grade or you'll get whipped by the dan grades.

Comment

conbob, check your PMs

Comment

Originally posted by Lloromannic
        Again, depends on the country. Some may require a certain grade to try out for the team, in some others the try outs may be open to anybody. But yeah, you probably need a dan grade or you'll get whipped by the dan grades.
        THat would be a very bad experience...
        "don't worry your ikkyu!, your opponent is just from Japan with rokudan (6 dan), no problem at all!".

Talk about major pwnage.

Taiwan coming up next year w00 h00! my Home country

Whose gonna win? *scoff* Japan of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendo ISB
          THat would be a very bad experience...
          "don't worry your ikkyu!, your opponent is just from Japan with rokudan (6 dan), no problem at all!"
          Ah, but the questioner comes from Ireland. Many people don't know this, but Paddy and five of the lads from the pub had volunteered to invade Iraq on behalf of the U.S. When they learned that Hussein's army had two million soldiers they called off the invasion because they were worried that they couldn't feed all of the prisoners.

John O'Connor

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz
            Ah, but the questioner comes from Ireland. Many people don't know this, but Paddy and five of the lads from the pub had volunteered to invade Iraq on behalf of the U.S. When they learned that Hussein's army had two million soldiers they called off the invasion because they were worried that they couldn't feed all of the prisoners.

John O'Connor
            ROFL

Comment

John O'Connor
              i don't understand. what does iraq have to do with kendo or ireland?

Comment

i don't understand. what does iraq have to do with kendo or ireland?
                Ask your teacher, I'm sure he can explain it.

Congratulations on your first kendo lesson, 9,999 more to go.

Where are you taking lessons? Dublin?

Comment

yes in dublin. it won't take me that many training sessions to get to the world championships.

Comment

Good for you. Maybe I'll change my citizenship and go with you.

Comment

I drink beer in a pub everyday and watch football (weekends)! Do I qualify as an Irish yet? I can even put on the accent! And I'm Catholic!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear of Doom
                        I drink beer in a pub everyday and watch football (weekends)! Do I qualify as an Irish yet? I can even put on the accent! And I'm Catholic!
                        sure if you wanted. i don't think you need to be a citizen. i think i saw a japanese guy on the american team.

Comment

sure if you wanted. i don't think you need to be a citizen. i think i saw a japanese guy on the american team.
                          You need to be a citizen. You'll see a bunch of Japanese-looking people on various teams, but they're all citizens of their various countries. All the Canadian team but one are of Japanese descent, but they're all citizens, born in Canada mostly although IIRC one or two were born in Japan but raised here.

Comment

Neil,
                            Since the Koreans are allowed to wear their white hakama with the black stripe do you think they would let us Irish wear our kilts? Oh, and before anyone says anything, yes the Irish wear kilts too, not just the Scotts.

Comment

Neil,
                              Since the Koreans are allowed to wear their white hakama with the black stripe do you think they would let us Irish wear our kilts? Oh, and before anyone says anything, yes the Irish wear kilts too, not just the Scotts.
                              And will you perform some traditional pre-fight taunting in the shiaijo, then? Or do only the Scotts this (as is seen in "Braveheart")?

Comment

Working...
                              X