X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backyard Ninjas

Ok I now understand the anger towards backyard ninjas. Check out this link; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m-8ZqqKNX8

These guys are complete idiots that will probably end up seriously hurting somebody.

maybe this is our troll. did you see the one 'training newbies in bok(no second k)en fight
    tusk tusk

Comment

It just may be. He seems to think his style is very good and also very fast. The only thing keeping him from "losing" one of his matches is his oppenents fear of being hit. He claims he found a Shodan that is willing to "fight" him next week and he is going to video tape it. I usualy don't wish harm on people but I hope he gets his head split open. It goes totally against my principles and training but this kid needs to get wacked a couple of times before HE hurts somebody.

Comment

I can't see why a shodan would even stoop to do something like that. It's kind of like, against the principles of kendo, and I wouldn't demean myself if I were shodan by doing anything of the sort. Even if the idiot deserved it, I'd let one of his noob buddies "accidentally" hit him on the head with a bokken before I'd join in combat against him. Only problem is, he might not live to learn the lesson.

Comment

there are mutliple times when he lets go of the bokken, and swings it single handed. you dont have to HOPE he gets his head split open. if you look at there foot work, his back foot is horizontal (sp?). they also scream "hit him in the knee!" pff fools. i could take this guy, and im not even nidan yet...

Comment

Originally posted by F0cUzzzz
            Ok I now understand the anger towards backyard ninjas. Check out this link; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m-8ZqqKNX8

These guys are complete idiots that will probably end up seriously hurting somebody.

why cant

you find

more interesting

threads to start

these are

after all

kids

we all passed this

stage

at some point

Comment

"umm.. my friend's style is gong fu dao when they are using it 1 handed and he had never taken a lesson in kenjutsu before.

the ceremonial taichi saber is actually really similar to a katana and we only had bokens and shinais but the style of martial art they were using is Chinese Saber. "

First off, If they're doing "chinese saber" why the crap are they using Bokken? It takes just as much to order a practice Tai Chi sword as it does to order a bokken.
              And if I'm not mistaken, a tai chi sword is nothing like a katana. It's straight, double edged, differently balanced, and the hilt is waaay different.

Comment

Originally posted by kensenbatusaii
                why cant

you find

more interesting

threads to start

these are

after all

kids

we all passed this

stage

at some point

At some point! According to his profile the "kid" that posted this is 29 years old. They are not playing with toy wooden swords but bokken. They yell things like, "hit him in the knee". He has other movies titled "Training Newbies in Bokken Sword Fighting". I'm sorry but if you are uninterested in this thread then don't post. I posted this in the "Flames" section because is pisses me off. This guy is not JUST going to hurt himself but potentially several of his friends and who knows who else indirectly.

Comment

O.o..29?? Jeez, I thought that there was some internally programmed cut off age in all of us for this stuff....I guess I was wrong..

Comment

29?? Oh dear. I was hoping it was just kids stuffing about being idiots.

At least some of them are wearing protective gear - two of them are wearing gloves!!

Comment

we all passed this

stage

at some point
                      When I was 8. Those pesky kids...

Comment

Did you all see that video he has about fighting a kendoka? The video gets cut at the beginning and he claims he won.

Comment

why cant you find more interesting threads to start these are after all kids we all passed this stage at some point
                          um, i never swung my bokken at my mates in the backyard, even after i started iai.
                          so no, we didnt all go trough this stage.
                          i like this thread as well...or is it you on the videos

Comment

when i was in my "pre kendoka" phase, me and my bro would wear lacrosse equiptment. (the bulky gloves were WAY better than black leather ones...)
                            :edit: in the "vs kendoka" video, he claims that he "cut his leg and won, if anyone cared" thats bull.... if he is a real kendoka, then he wouldent be guarding his leg....
                            Last edited by yahiko_venom; 24th July 2006, 02:05 AM.

Comment

did really old kendo have a leg target? i know they used to do leg sweeps.
                              i forgot, when i was 8 or 9 (not 29) i used to play with plastic toy swords and guns. and my first bow n arrer set had reall suction cups and a real leopard skin effect plastic knife sheath. im guessing my stage i went through wasnt quite like our youtube friend though.
                              maybe the real shodan hes facing is someone whos sick of him and just wants to teach him a lesson. i sure wouldnt mind and im just a 5th kyu ex-kendoka

Comment

Working...
                              X