X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Penguin Rush
    Min wage as a teacher? -_- doesn't sound too right to me. I actually want to teach, I was just a bit afraid of speaking in front of people everyday. Besides, we all know the three best reasons to teach in America.
    June
    July
    August
    I'm being sarcastic of course, but it's not too far from minimum wage.
    Teachers get paid crap, and it's a National shame.
    On the average, City Garbage pickup people get paid more than the men and women who educate America's youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenzan
      I'm being sarcastic of course, but it's not too far from minimum wage.
      Teachers get paid crap, and it's a National shame.
      On the average, City Garbage pickup people get paid more than the men and women who educate America's youth.
      But money is not the drive for someone who is willing to chase their dreams.

People can be poor and happy.

Comment

Originally posted by mingshi
        People who say this are usually NOT poor.

Comment

Originally posted by mingshi
          But money is not the drive for someone who is willing to chase their dreams.

I totally understand where you are coming from.
          Ah yes, dreams... I once had "dreams" too.
          Eventually the weight of the reality of world came crashing down on my shoulders, and I was starkingly forced to realize that I've been rich, and I've been poor, and guess what? All things being equal?

It's better to be rich....
          LOL

But hey, If you are happy with just plain old Hot Dogs, then awesome!
          But let's be honest, A Nathan's bratwurst or a Hebrew National at $5.00 a pack beats the $1.50 mystery-meat weiners any day of the week, deshou?
          LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kenzan
            I totally understand where you are coming from.
            Ah yes, dreams... I once had "dreams" too.
            Eventually the weight of the reality of world came crashing down on my shoulders, and I was starkingly forced to realize that I've been rich, and I've been poor, and guess what? All things being equal?

It's better to be rich....
            LOL

But hey, If you are happy with just plain old Hot Dogs, then awesome!
            But let's be honest, A Nathan's bratwurst or a Hebrew National at $5.00 a pack beats the $1.50 mystery-meat weiners any day of the week, deshou?
            LOL
            The great thing about teaching is the fact that it's not overly stressful. In the US (or CA at least) you get very good insurance (LAUSD even covers Plastic surgery), lot of vacation and free time, and you get to create and destroy the future of childeren (not really, but you can make people think that). THe thing I noticed though, I've rarely seen teachers who seemed to be doing horribly. They all drive decent or nice cars, live in nice neighborhoods, wear decent clothes, and seem to be happy.

You can be happy without money. My family isn't doing so well financially at the moment, but we're all really happy. Kenzen speaks the truth though, having more money would always be nice. If you can be poor and happy, you can probably be rich and happy too.

Comment

Originally posted by xvikingx
              30 years ago my wife and I would pack a picnic basket and get on the Staten Island Ferry in Manhatten. We would go over to Staten Island and not get off so we didn't have to pay (I think they make you get off now) we would take the trip back. Beautiful night cruise on the river with maybe a full moon and the NYC skyline and Statue of Liberty with someone you love. Cost? Including the sandwiches and a couple rolling rock pony bottles? Maybe $1.00.

Maybe we would get in the VW bus I rebuilt for almost nothing and back into a spot at a drive in theater and hope the kid didn't stay awake too long.

We didn't have any money but we made do. Over the years our toys got way more expensive but we didn't get any happier.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz
                30 years ago my wife and I would pack a picnic basket and get on the Staten Island Ferry in Manhatten. We would go over to Staten Island and not get off so we didn't have to pay (I think they make you get off now) we would take the trip back. Beautiful night cruise on the river with maybe a full moon and the NYC skyline and Statue of Liberty with someone you love. Cost? Including the sandwiches and a couple rolling rock pony bottles? Maybe $1.00.

Maybe we would get in the VW bus I rebuilt for almost nothing and back into a spot at a drive in theater and hope the kid didn't stay awake too long.

We didn't have any money but we made do. Over the years our toys got way more expensive but we didn't get any happier.

Man that is reeaallll sweet Ignatz, What a romancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitemirror
                  Man that is reeaallll sweet Ignatz, What a romancer.
                  Yeah, enjoying life with another person is great, much better than whacking off or buying companionship. Hopefully you will find that out someday. Probably not though.

Comment

Originally posted by xvikingx
                    I don't think she's bought that Lexus quite yet...have you Jenny?

Comment

A teacher with reasonable seniority makes in the neighbourhood of $50K here. It's not silly money, but in no way does it qualify as being poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz
                        Yeah, enjoying life with another person is great, much better than w off or buying companionship. Hopefully you will find that out someday. Probably not though.
                        well im sure we all wanted to know that you have experiance in w off and buying companionship which Ignatz im sure you know is illegal. does your wife know that you are a John?

Comment

Originally posted by Whitemirror
                          well im sure we all wanted to know that you have experiance in w off and buying companionship which Ignatz im sure you know is illegal. does your wife know that you are a John?
                          You >really< don't want to go there, little boy...

Comment

You are absolutley right,, I do not want to go there.....

what "there" are you talking about

Comment

oh and paikiea I did not bring it up ignatz did so what is the prob? I would never buy companionship, i do whack off though. But prostitution is illegal here in oklahoma

Comment

And no Threats Paikiea,, you ..."really" do not want to go there my fine ole chap.. threats are not tolerated here.

Comment

Working...
                                X