X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Geographic's Fight Science

National Geographic's Fight Science didn't suck as Discovery's XMA.

Thats my opinion, I think they found real martial artists, and make more scientific tests with greater results, its more educational and I can saw a sensei performing tameshi-giri.

Any other opinion?

The show sucked. The only good part was Obata sensei and his students and the MT guy and boxer wheren't that bad, but the rest sucked. This was pop-science BS and it sucked. The best MA folks, my ass. They invited a modern wushu guy and a ninjer, nice show but their MA sucked. Did I mentioned the show sucked? No? it sucked.

They let the TKD geek hack into a gelatine dummy (he sucked), that was the biggest hint that this was nothing more that a Bullshido-program. It was almost as bad as the XMA docu. It sucked...

But that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Mr. T.; 7th November 2006, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Hahahaha...OMG I saw that the other day...the TKD guy spouting shit about how the katana was his favourite weapon and then doing the twirly baton girl spin with the blade was hilarious...especially the bit where he went pork butcher stylee on the gelatine dummy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. T.
        They let the TKD geek hack into a gelatine dummy (he sucked)
        I didn't get to see the movie, but I'm hoping it wasn't this bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dervish
          Well...I sorta came in halfway through the documentary and saw a guy doing kyudo. It looked pretty legit and good so I was like...'Oh, this should be interesting."

Then it started to go downhill with some wannabe ninjer guy throwing shuriken into a tatami mat and the katana demo with this TKD guy who probably spends his free time waxing his muscles or jacking off to his own picture started to give a 'demo' with a katana.

Then I watched the rerun and saw the first half with the silly crouching tiger crap and the documentary turned into a comedy session for me...

I was really dissapointed in the fact it was a National Geographic program that has degenerated into Britney and Kevin on MTV.

Comment

Of course were crappy things like the ninja guy, but the kyudo man and the tameshi-giri man were legit.

The katana demo with the TKD guy really suck, btw, the TKD guy sucks hehe

Comment

I think it was quite nice to compare (and explain) the level of damages different weapons can make on a scientific level. Never thought Nunchaku can do so little.

Guest-starring Obata and Tanaka (Fumon) added some serious value to the show, as the muscle guy only sent me, my little bro and my dad ROTFLOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. T.
                The show sucked. The only good part was Obata sensei and his students and the MT guy and boxer wheren't that bad, but the rest sucked. This was pop-science BS and it sucked. The best MA folks, my ass. They invited a modern wushu guy and a ninjer, nice show but their MA sucked. Did I mentioned the show sucked? No? it sucked.

They let the TKD geek hack into a gelatine dummy (he sucked), that was the biggest hint that this was nothing more that a Bullshido-program. It was almost as bad as the XMA docu. It sucked...

But that's just my opinion.
                Ohh and I forgot about Mr. Gracie . He was great, as usual and the kyudo was good. The rest still sucked.

Comment

I haven't seen it, but this show came up on e-budo some time ago with some folks involved in the production commenting on it.
                  Originally posted by Nathan Scott at E-Budo
                  they originally asked us to hack away at the balistic gel mannequin, and I told them no - "Japanese swordsmanship is a dignified art, and we don't want to film testing such as that for the general public to watch". So of course, they ignored us and got someone else to do it.
                  Link to show's National Geographic site

Comment

I especially liked the part where Mr. TKD twirled the Katana round his neck.

It is a good primer on what NOT to do with any sharp tool.

Pure bovine excrement.

Mr. Ninja looked like he was doing Jackie Chan stunts, mooohahahahaha

Comment

The TKD guy wasn't a good advert for either art. As for his technique - what Crock!

Comment

Originally posted by KhawMengLee

Then it started to go downhill with some wannabe ninjer guy throwing shuriken into a tatami mat
                        Actually, that "ninjer guy" was Nathan Scott from e-budo, the moderator of the naginata forum there. He's done an extensive amount of koryu training and I doubt that his shurikenjutsu was anything but legitimate.

But yeah, most of that show was...interesting to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Dervish

Funnnnnnnyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hi No Bushi
                            Actually, that "ninjer guy" was Nathan Scott from e-budo, the moderator of the naginata forum there. He's done an extensive amount of koryu training and I doubt that his shurikenjutsu was anything but legitimate.

But yeah, most of that show was...interesting to say the least.
                            oops! apologies all around!

Comment

It looks like he trained a lot, but, the way he performs ninjutsu was the exact form like te ninjas from the old Japan do their art?

Comment

Working...
                              X