Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kendo Sword Fighting Round 2/ ATTN. NEW YORK!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendo Sword Fighting Round 2/ ATTN. NEW YORK!!!

If your terrified of backyard ninjas, you'll still laugh at these dorks...
    Go to "Kendo Sword Fighting Round 2" on youtube. If anyone is from a New York dojo, please note that these guys said they are personally willing to take you on. I left a post telling them I would love to see them let loose in a kendo dojo. Their reply... They'll take on someone from New York, oh...and that I obviously don't know anything about "true" sword fighting. I think I would pay good money to see this encounter, even a decent mudansha level guy could hand 'em their asses. Will they actually show up in the first place? Probably not, but if they did.....

If a true kenshi ever challenged these guys, no good would ever come from it. Looks like a job for a backyard wrestler.

Comment

I think the screaming man 5:45 into the film had the right idea.

Comment

Funny stuff....My favorite part: the "jodan form"....with your left arm stretched out all the way, bicep in the throat...amazing stuff.

I agree that its not worth the time....but it wouldn't be a video I wouldn't watch You would need to get a waiver, as I fear that a madansha would break his wrist with several Kote hits.

Comment

my favorite part was that nice green tree in the background. i know the driveway is impressive, but man that tree's got talent.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NNUsIM8BMI

I couldn't help but leave my usual brand of comment.

Comment

Arseholes

Comment

Hehe the Gurkha is straight to the point as usual...

Comment

The video is average (as far as Ninjerly examples go) I mean, they need to be wearing Ninja Armor and have serious faces in order for this to be considered classic backyard goodness fodder.
                  Yes, I have become quite the connoisseur of Dogyard Rednerk-ery videos.
                  Precisely how this happened, I am not entirely certain.
                  Suffice to say that the comedic Tom-Foolery that is displayed in digital format these days is not unlike the tasting of a fine wine at this stage.

In any event, on the Kenzan-O-Scope, this gets 2 out of 10 stars.

The comments however, receive a generous 8 stars.

"You wouldn't be getting flamed so hard if you didn't call it Kendo. This is not Kendo. You should rename it backyard sword fighting or something. Not Kendo. Kendo is a lifetime commitment to physical and spiritual development. I see none of this in your video. Oh yeah, I still hope you stab yourself in the balls."

Particularly humorous, with a hint of fruit and robustness when swirled inside the basal ganglion, was the phrase :"Oh yeah, I still hope you stab yourself in the balls."

Priceless
                  I tell you.

Comment

yours truely

Comment

i love the comment about how what they are doing is more like 'real' fighting than kendo, personally in a real fight i would bring a projectile weapon, i dont think they stand much of a chance. even if its too close for missles, you can always switch to guns XD

Comment

My beef is less with the video, and more about the dumb stuff they post in the comments section. The maker of the film claims that he in fact did

1. kendo
                        2. in NY
                        3. at the "top one" (dojo)
                        4. was the ''head of his class"

Incredible...

Someone should hit him with some basic kendo questions that a begginer would know, and then... watch the lies and empty physical threats mount one on top of the other.

Comment

Just got through seeing the clip, It was like watching my fat aunty dance.You know you should look away, but you just can't...
                          At one stage they said they were bieing shot at. maybe a local kendoka driven to dispair by these Musashi wannabees

Comment

You know, I'm tempted to make my own yard tard video just to provoke people into leaving amusing comments...

Comment

I must say, the one part of this video I truly did enjoy was the sound of wind blowing through the trees. I'm ready for short-sleeved shirt weather.

Comment

Working...
                              X