X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fonsz View Post
    . . .And isn't Venezuela off limits nowadays for Yanquis?
    Not for me my fine feathered friend. It is important to continue the struggle, viva la revolucion!!!
    Plus the fishing is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Paikea View Post
      Chavez. El Maximo Lider de Venezuela...
      Tnx. I guess I should have known but somehow Chavez has always been President Chavez to me. Must learn to read the news more carefully....

Comment

And isn't Venezuela off limits nowadays for Yanquis?
        Yanquis, si. "Yankee Fans", aparrently not.

Comment

Baseball been berry, berry good to me.
          Hugo is now pushing soccer, he may be going too far.

Comment

But someone who doesn't know where Kentucky Fried Chicken originates?
            Actually, the chain was started in Utah. (I know it doesn't make much sense)

Comment

Well, according to Wikipedia, he just started selling his chicken in Utah, but those places weren't called KFC at the time.

Comment

Q: What currency is used in the United Kingdom?

A: What is a United Kingdom?

Superb...

Comment

What's wrong with that answer?

Comment

If you're a fat thick septic who cares naught for your (probable) heritage, then nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUK View Post
                      If you're a fat thick septic who cares naught for your (probable) heritage, then nothing...
                      trust me, most of people in this country can't even trace back where their dogs came from.

pete

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bullet08 again.
                        Ah, the Gods of +Rep are not smiling today. Nevertheless, that was fantastic...

Comment

Gave him rep for the both of us.

That's another pint you owe me at watchet.

Comment

Originally posted by Anime12478 View Post
                            On the website, people were using this video to prove that Americans are stupid. One thing I would like to do is ask them what they know about the US of A and see how knowledgeable they are about the country they love to hate.
                            Not stupid, just not aware there is a whole lotta world beyond your borders. Unless you ain't bombing it you don't think about it. Simplistic maybe but not too inaccurate.

We know lots about USA - your capital, some state capitals, rivers, mountain ranges, history, famous people, infamous people etc etc.

But to not know about the Eiffel Tower is incredulous. The most famous monument in the capital of another G8 country, one with tons of history and achievements to its credit. The most visited country in the world.

Here we go then. Tell me about Blois? Or Macon? Or Potsdam? Or Munster? Or Berwick? Or Watchet? Or Torremolinos? Or Gorky?

None of these are particularly famous and most people would not know too much about them.

Point I am making is that Europeans tend to know lots about famous places beyond there borders whereas Americans seem not to anything much outside their country.

I am happy to be proved wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUK View Post
                              Q: What currency is used in the United Kingdom?

A: What is a United Kingdom?

Superb...
                              Probably thrown by the fact that our monarch is a Queen ( tiara'd type not moustachioed type) and our leader is a clown.

Comment

Originally posted by bullet08 View Post
                                trust me, most of people in this country can't even trace back where their dogs came from.
                                Ha! I can trace mine back through the Lee family to one Rollo of Normandy, whose decendants later went on a day-trip across the channel with William, killed Harold at Hastings and went on to provide the Britons with structure, sanitation and a deep and lasting respect for all things Continental - sowing the seeds of the better part of eight centuries of war.

OK, so we've got a lot to answer for...

Comment

Working...
                                X