Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in a little dojo yaburi?

http://zentaimartialarts.wordpress.c...-seminar-2009/

The ninja group in town... though the price is a little steep, it says anyone any style are welcome to come... maybe bozo trasing time?

Naah man. I can only fight three shihan at a time.

Comment

I have better things to do with my time.

Comment

hu, wtf ?

Michael Asuncion "15th Dan Shihan (Judan Ku-i 十段空位)"
        Karl Koch "14th Dan in Budo Taijutsu"
        Chris Carbonaro "10th degree black belt"
        Jay Zimmerman "11th dan"

Hu, 15th dan ? His farts are atomic bombs or what ? If people are stupid enough to believe this kind of crap, no amount of arguments will make them open their eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Anime12478 View Post
          I have better things to do with my time.
          God, you're awesome. What? Someone doesn't like something? Time for ol' Anime12478 to step in. What is this, like the 100th post about how you're too good for all of this? We get it, you're sense of humor sucks. Don't worry, one day you'll be cool...maybe.

Comment

Aww, I didn't know you cared about me so much, I'm so flattered. It takes too much effort for me to attempt to be cool so I'll just sit in my little uncool corner with the other uncool people that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by KendoSlug View Post
              hu, wtf ?

Michael Asuncion "15th Dan Shihan (Judan Ku-i 十段空位)"
              Karl Koch "14th Dan in Budo Taijutsu"
              Chris Carbonaro "10th degree black belt"
              Jay Zimmerman "11th dan"

Hu, 15th dan ? His farts are atomic bombs or what ? If people are stupid enough to believe this kind of crap, no amount of arguments will make them open their eyes.
              You need to take rankings within the context of the style. The requirements for various styles differ wildly. For example, if you're lucky enough to train in brazillian jiu jitsu with a shodan, you count your blessings. However, in ninjutsu, you generally require 5th dan or above before you're considered able to teach a class, due to the speed of their ranking system, and 15th dan is rare, but by no means unheard of.

It's one of the reasons a black belt is so meaningless nowdays, you can't just take a dan rank and assume x amount of knowledge, the rankings are purely arbitrary when viewed between styles.

Comment

Originally posted by stealth_monkey View Post
                However, in ninjutsu, you generally require 5th dan or above before you're considered able to teach a class, due to the speed of their ranking system, and 15th dan is rare, but by no means unheard of.
                Quite true. A better gage of one's skill in Ninjutsu is how many shadow clones they can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Kapplow View Post
                  Quite true. A better gage of one's skill in Ninjutsu is how many shadow clones they can produce.
                  Indeed, luckily for us common folk, the shadow clone is such a powerful ninja ability that it can not be seen by those not trained in the ninja ways, you can only see shadow clones at 4th dan or higher, so unless you've spent years in ninjutsu, you can't prove their techniques don't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Anime12478 View Post
                    Aww, I didn't know you cared about me so much, I'm so flattered. It takes too much effort for me to attempt to be cool so I'll just sit in my little uncool corner with the other uncool people that matter.
                    Holy shit, you suck at comebacks. I was kidding about the "maybe"...we all know you'll never be cool.

Comment

Reptile and Sub-Zero are so cool. Will they be at the grand opening?

Comment

with a little more digging (wikipedia) you can find the criteria for their dan tests... Just wow, I love how they give a ninja demonstration every year at the cherry blossom festival here :-P

Comment

Originally posted by samurai80 View Post
                          Holy shit, you suck at comebacks. I was kidding about the "maybe"...we all know you'll never be cool.
                          Well, I don't really care much about what you think. If insulting people over the web makes your e-penis feel bigger, then be my guest. There's better things to do than argue with someone over the internet who you'll probably never see or recognize.

Comment

Ninjitsu is all still total and utter horse shit. Show me any of those idiots who doesn't probably have a Michael Dudikoff poster on the wall of their dojo, and a mess of $19 Ninjato wallhangers around...they probably play the Mortal Kombat soundtrack during training...

Show me a real ninjitsu dojo that isn't just a way to get Gaijin to part with their money and I'll show you a banjo playing kid from the ozarks that isn't toothless and retarded.

Sorry...would someone remind me not to write anything before having a coffee first.

Comment

I have this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X