X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Shodai

Can anyone living in Japan and proficient in Japanese provide details on the arrest of Shodai? First of all, Is that true?

It seem to be true. See
    http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/sho...hinking-Shodai

Comment

Don't mean to start anything but while some may be upset about the Shodai situation above, nobody seemed to think was amoral or deplorable when someone posted a Nanadan member of a [formerly] famous dojo (Noma) had cheated them outta about US$220,000. And that stress put them in hospital, getting operated on; and next week, even tomorrow, becoming "iffy," and doing Kendo dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Tort-Speed View Post
        Don't mean to start anything but while some may be upset about the Shodai situation above, nobody seemed to think was amoral or deplorable when someone posted a Nanadan member of a [formerly] famous dojo (Noma) had cheated them outta about US$220,000. And that stress put them in hospital, getting operated on; and next week, even tomorrow, becoming "iffy," and doing Kendo dangerous.
        I think you're misremembering that thread. People certainly thought his actions, if the accusations were true, were wrong. The question was should his actions affect his kendo rank. In other words, should you be able to lose dan due to your actions outside the dojo?

Comment

Once I heard that some hanshi 8th DAN has returned the title of Hanshi after making a mistake (dont know what kind of mistake though)

Comment

Originally posted by Mulevel View Post
            Once I heard that some hanshi 8th DAN has returned the title of Hanshi after making a mistake (dont know what kind of mistake though)
            Did they voluntarily relinquish the title, or was it taken from them?

Comment

Thanks, Gendzwill Sensei, for the memory jogger.

Comment

Working...
              X