Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people like to take a crack at the U.S at every chance?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people like to take a crack at the U.S at every chance?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like every time something dangerous/bad happens, the whole world looks at the U.S. and goes 'You should/should not have done THAT' A few quick examples would be Iraq, West Nile, and the whole Mad Cow thing. Sure, the govermant should have been more careful, but I don't here a big deal made about other country's problems. China and SARS is one example. And just for referance, most of everything on this Flames Section mentions SOMETHING about how BAD Americans are. Not directly though.

Originally posted by Kenji
    And just for referance, most of everything on this Flames Section mentions SOMETHING about how BAD Americans are.
    Then why add yet another thread about it?

I think the answer is pretty obvious anyway. Good or bad, right or wrong, the U.S. is the only superpower around now (although China might be there soon), has the ability to ignore world opinion and invade foreign countries without U.N. mandates, and has made full use of that ability over the last few years. That simply tends to piss off a lot of people around the world. Mad cow has very little to do with it.

I try not to take it personally. As to the real haters, rather than those who simply criticize our goverment, i haven't seen many here, and would ignore them anyway.

Comment

It probably has something to do with the hypocritical "holier than thou" attitude that the US Govt. has. As Not-I said, the US is a world superpower, and at the moment it seems to like to push its honker into other people's business.

For example, the US wanted to deny China a position on the WTO because of protectionism. They argue that one's country should be "open" to trade and that globalization is the way. Then when US wheat and Beef farmers are hard hit by competition from overseas, the US Govt slams a tariff on imports of Beef and Wheat. A bit of a double standard yes? They also did the same with the Steel industry.

The US also likes to throw human rights issues around as a tool rather than a legitimate issue. eg, China being called a violator of human rights and Israel's recent campaigns in Palestine getting no comment or action. Not to mention the torture of POW's by US forces.

Plus, Bush seems to have a knack for pissing people off because he has no tact. eg, after recently mending strained relationships with Europe he once again sparked off a tiff by sticking his nose and mouth where it doesn't belong. His comments were that EU should let Turkey join the EU, which pretty audacious. Imagine the world suggesting the US cede back Texas to Mexico, since it was originally their territory.

I think what the US Govt needs to realise is that the world is smarter than it gives them credit for and that hypocrisy is a sure fire way to lose respect. Practice what you preach.

If you want to be a leader, do so with virtue and honour.

Comment

hmmm I've got a really simple answer to the topic of this thread. "Why do people like to take a crack at the U.S every chance they get?" Are you ready for this? This is the million dollar question, and i've got the million dollar answer. >>>drum beat...........<<< BECAUSE the American's take a crack at everyone else "every" chance they get. Some how this "individualism" and "independence" notion which American so treasures and is what earned them their freedom from Great Britain in the first place turned into cynical criticism after a good century or so.

Comment

The other morning a local radio station called up to Cnada and point blank asked them why they hate America. Ironically they hate America but they love Americans. So suddenly its no longer a government of the people. Its a government and those guys over there.

I hate politics but here I am 10 minutes before work lets out with nothing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Masahiro
            BECAUSE the American's take a crack at everyone else "every" chance they get. Some how this "individualism" and "independence" notion which American so treasures and is what earned them their freedom from Great Britain in the first place turned into cynical criticism after a good century or so.
            Cynical criticism...but does that give the world a right to do so as well? Just to remind you but half the countries around the globe are democratic. Well, this is out of my league so I'll drop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenji
              Cynical criticism...but does that give the world a right to do so as well?
              well, there's always that saying "Do onto other as you would have them do onto you". <s.i.g.h> but it certainly doesn't give other people the right. But people are products of their enviroment and experience, so it's a game of "monkey see, monkey do". these silly childish behaviors will never stop. The day it does, the end of the world will come. Because then we will have reached Utopia, and people wouldn't know what to do in that state. << that's just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by psywarblade
                The other morning a local radio station called up to Cnada and point blank asked them why they hate America. Ironically they hate America but they love Americans. So suddenly its no longer a government of the people. Its a government and those guys over there.

I hate politics but here I am 10 minutes before work lets out with nothing to do.
                Very true. I am not a politics lover, but I do agree with most of you, even though I am (can you believe it?) American. I am pretty much the point of stereo type with the "obese kids with the short attention span that all the parents are worried about". I can't lie. (laughs) I'm pretty much that. But I can't go wrong with actually stoppin it right? All the people in America are saying how bad everything is without expiriencing and trying to prevent it. I would much rather like to live in Japan

Comment

Fuckin who cares? You're all wankers.

Comment

Originally posted by Random m0f0
                    Fuckin who cares? You're all wankers.
                    Please clean up your language.

Kaoru

Comment

Fuck up dickhead.

Comment

Fuck up dickhead.
                        Hamish-san, please either ban this user or delete his posts. Thank you.

Kaoru

Comment

Fucking hell, I'm just an average guy trying to chill the fuck out on these boards. Give me a break bitch.

Comment

Fucking hell, I'm just an average guy trying to chill the fuck out on these boards. Give me a break bitch.
                            ...Troll....

Comment

Originally posted by KhawMengLee
                              ...Troll....
                              Exactly.

Kaoru

Comment

Working...
                              X