X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting

I had a problem with a guy at my school so During first period( p.e.) in the locker he said somthing to me that just pissed me of. so we started a to "fight" but it ended qiuckly after he hit me (unluckily for me in the face) and somone broke it up.

Now everyone thinks that he "beat me up" in the locker room. His hit was more like a tap, and left nothin but my eye red for a few minutes. I know that he's not that strong so i plan on fighting him again, only with more people to witness it so no body thinks that any thing that didnt happen, happend.

He's been talking a lot of trash the last two days but at the same time he has been avoiding me cause he knows i want to fight again. This has really ruined my reputation, so there's nothing i can do but fight him.

But there are some people on my side that hate him and really want me to win.

So what are your thoughts on this situatuion? What would you do?

Is it really worth it to fight him?

A bunch of times there were people I wanted to beat the up, people I KNEW I could beat up. But I never once did it. I've seen (several) people who lost their temper and went through with it and got expelled and arrested, and this was in high school. If I fought every time I wanted to in high school my nickname right now would probably be fresh fish rather than twobitmage.

Pardon my french but my advice is just to chill out and say "**** it". I guarantee that whatever gossip is going around about you will not matter ten years from now.

Comment

Hey Richiro, this is a tough situation. I think you already shown that you can stand up to this dude. He is now avoiding you and is afraid. Just let it go. Who cares what other people are thinking. Other people are way too selfish to think about you, because they are busy thinking about themselves.

Now if this dude comes up to you and starts some $hit, knock him out!

Comment

I dont know if i can! I've been trying to let it go but no matter what i think about that "fight" keeps poppin up in my head. But u guys are right if something happend and i ended up killing him or somthing i dont ant to go to jail for the rest of my life. I hope this goes away. This week sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Richiro
          I had a problem with a guy at my school so During first period( p.e.) in the locker he said somthing to me that just pissed me of. so we started a to "fight" but it ended qiuckly after he hit me (unluckily for me in the face) and somone broke it up.

Now everyone thinks that he "beat me up" in the locker room. His hit was more like a tap, and left nothin but my eye red for a few minutes. I know that he's not that strong so i plan on fighting him again, only with more people to witness it so no body thinks that any thing that didnt happen, happend.

He's been talking a lot of trash the last two days but at the same time he has been avoiding me cause he knows i want to fight again. This has really ruined my reputation, so there's nothing i can do but fight him.

But there are some people on my side that hate him and really want me to win.

So what are your thoughts on this situatuion? What would you do?
          Why dont you have a kendo match with him?

Comment

I cant do that! He doesn't practice kendo so it wouldn't be fair. Plus hed just make excuses.

Comment

Richiro,

I think I can understand your situation seeing as I've been in it once (Not excatly the same, but the same thoughts passing through my head). I won't tell you what will happen, the consequences, or other things that will happen when you start a fight. It really is your choice. All I want you to do, is think whether or not it is really worth it. Knowing, and having people knowing that you can beat people up is meaningless. I know it's hard to just drop it and walk away. Every time you see that person, just try and think, wouldn't you show a stronger strength if you walk away? Remember, in Kendo, what do we do in a fight? We learn more about ourselves, we do shiai to develop who we are. A commom school fight will not do that! You say you become very angry evertime you see him. Why not channel that anger into determination for Kendo? I didn't realise any of this when I was in your shoes. That time, I cracked. I didn't start a fight, but, I did try and get at him. After that experience, I had realised that what I did was stupid. It served no purpose.

Richiro, once again, it really is your choice. Please, try and think about it. If you are to overcome this, it *will* take A LOT of perseverence, patience, and self-control. Just try and remember what kendo teaches us. The AJKF's concept of Kendo includes:

"To hold in esteem human courtesy and honor,
              To associate with others with sincerity,
              And to forever pursue the cultivation of oneself.
              This will make one be able:
              To love his/her country and society."

As I have said before, please, do try and think about it. I'm sure it would help if you did. Choose for yourself Richiro, and try to imagine what would be the best situation for you.

Comment

dash him into the trash..
                show no mercy

Comment

I know its tough but you just gotta do it.

You're a smart guy. I know that you know what the right thing to do is. You can try to lie to yourself and think that fighting is the way out, but YOU know that its not smart, and you cant run from yourself.

I just confused myself. I think i'm gonna lie down.

Comment

try to be omnipresent in his schoollife, people will notice he's trying to avoid you. Either he'll try to fight you again or he'll lose the attitude.

Comment

Walk away from the fight?

If the above is not "tough-men" enough for you, then do the following:

Provoke him into fighting you again in public. Let him strike the first blow without fighting back. Fake grievous injury and near death (ouch my neck, my kidney), get the cops involved, insist on pressing charges, threaten the school to dispel him or be sued, and then get a lawyer who works on a contingency basis to sue his family for physical and *severe* emotional distress.

By the time he gets out of juvenile hall and his family gets our of bankruptcy from your claim and the attorneys' fees OR the settlement you would have realized that the first option is probably a better idea.

*Note: The above is meant to be facetious and not intended to be legal advice under any circumstances. I am not licensed to practice in the U.S.A. not am I qualified to dispense any US related legal advice in relation to any issue.

Comment

Oops

That should read "expel him", not "dispel him". Only magic spells get "dispelled".

Comment

Well I didn't fight him. He left school early because he found out that i was there! No body actually beleived it! They just asked what happend and i told them that he didn't beat me up. But there were also a lot of rumors saying he gave me a black eye and I cryed. Or that I was holding my eye all day because it hurt.

Now he's scared because he knows its not all true. I dont even really want to fight him anymore. Maybe just a little, but i can control it.

But theres still tons of people that want me to beat him up. I mean a lot! at least 20 people were trying to set up dates and times for fights between me and him. And only 2 people are against me, him and his best friend.

Summary.

I didn't fight him and i don't think i want to any more.

Comment

You did well not to fight, street fights have no rules as we all know, the outcome could be a pretty sad one especially if guns are involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Richiro

He's been talking a lot of trash the last two days but at the same time he has been avoiding me cause he knows i want to fight again.
                              just stop him and fight. you dont need any preparation for this. otherway you'll be a looser. its just as simple. just fight

Comment

Working...
                              X