X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• political debate

Lets have a respectable political debate. i dont care what its about. it can be global or international. lets lay down a few rules for it though so it stays inteligent.

1 NO RELIGION!!!!!!!!!!!! unless religion needs to be mentioned in passing lets leave it out period. it always get nasty when that becomes a factor
    2. no "your dumb, because im right" crap. it would be awsome to have a semi intelectual debate on local and international politics instead of an inuslting war.

can we at least try to make this work? if we can keep it civil and not a huge insult war it might even be fun

Yes

Yes let's give it a try. you start because it's your initiative.

Originally posted by drizzt
    Lets have a respectable political debate. i dont care what its about. it can be global or international. lets lay down a few rules for it though so it stays inteligent.

1 NO RELIGION!!!!!!!!!!!! unless religion needs to be mentioned in passing lets leave it out period. it always get nasty when that becomes a factor
    2. no "your dumb, because im right" crap. it would be awsome to have a semi intelectual debate on local and international politics instead of an inuslting war.

can we at least try to make this work? if we can keep it civil and not a huge insult war it might even be fun

Comment

hmmmm what to talk about.

well im going to start with an american internal affairs debate. if someone would like to change the issue please post and tell us. we'll try to take off on a new tac or maybe two tacs.

WHat are you opinion on the right to bare(sp?) arms. our constitution point blank guarantees the citizenry "the right to keep and bare arms for the purposes of a well regulated militia" the argument is militias are no longer needed. I challenge that its irrelevant if needed, its a right guaranteed by the US constitution. is it our governments and the politburo.....uh i mean the supreme court's right to change the rights were guaranteed.

Hmmmmm interesting fact. They just elected a democratic president in Iraq. Fox news just flashed that by.

Comment

All i can say about that second part of your message is... HAHA... I was funny, to me anyway. I am new to this forum and hope we can talk bout anything together... kendo japan- POLATICS... Later

Comment

No reply, eh? gotta go anyway, later mate

Comment

wich part was funny me refering to the us supreme cour as the politburo or the Iraq part ?

i would very much like this to be a good discussion of political issues to curb some of the random mud throwing going on

Comment

Uhm, I am not from the US but I hope you won't shoot me for posting anyway (I mean, you do have guns ).

I really don't understand why anyone would feel more secure with a gun. I mean, you have the right to bear arms, ok. But so has the villain, right?

I am happy living in a country where firearms are only to be carried in public by the policeforce and the military. Can't even recall to have seen a handgun except on a policeofficer.

And just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean that you have to do it, or that it isn't wrong.

Comment

I really dont care if they ban guns. There are people who carry guns in the their trucks around here (truck people). As long as they dont ban swords it wont bother me. Our constitution needs to be updated in several places.

Comment

WHat are you opinion on the right to bare(sp?) arms.
                  No one shall take away my right to wear a short sleeved shirt!

I never realised that the USA was so hot on matters of sartorial elegance.

Cheers,

Matt.

Comment

hmmmm what to talk about.

well im going to start with an american internal affairs debate. if someone would like to change the issue please post and tell us. we'll try to take off on a new tac or maybe two tacs.

WHat are you opinion on the right to bare(sp?) arms. our constitution point blank guarantees the citizenry "the right to keep and bare arms for the purposes of a well regulated militia" the argument is militias are no longer needed. I challenge that its irrelevant if needed, its a right guaranteed by the US constitution. is it our governments and the politburo.....uh i mean the supreme court's right to change the rights were guaranteed.

Hmmmmm interesting fact. They just elected a democratic president in Iraq. Fox news just flashed that by.
                    Well, I used to be against the right to bear arms because it led to a lot of bloody situations that might have been solved without violence. Now, however, I am for it. I believe your 'founding fathers' specifically added the right to bear arms so that the American people could stand up against their goverment. I think this is very relevant now in the USA today... But it should be strongly regulated, licensed, etc... If a minor can get his hands on your gun, you should do heavy time imho...

Comment

I dont think the government would be taking away our arms so we would not overthrow the gov. They would do it so that so many people who diefrom guns would die of other causes. (head in dishwasher, garagedoor accident, automobiles vs. large dropoffs ect.)

Have any of you heard Chris Rock talk about gun control. He claims that the gov. should not limit guns but raise the price of bullets so that no one could afford them. SO if anyone actually did get shot everyone could say, "man they must have really wanted to kill that dude." because all of the bullets would be thouseands of dollars.

Comment

Thought you wanted an intelligent political discussion. A gun control debate is a one-way ticket to a flame war. Might as well have started an abortion or euthanasia thread...

Comment

Fine then what do you think about the gas prices, the evil industry and the means to an end.

Hybrid cars cost more and take about 10 years to actually start saving money, booo.

Hydrogen cars, exist and can go up to 300kph (thanks to BMW) so we could be using those soon.

Comment

if gas prices were the same in us as in germany, then and only then you could talk about "high" prices.
                            but as long as your selfelected mother****ing texas-wanker wont give a shit about kyoto-treaty and keeps invading oil countries, you can puff our fossile ressources into the air for a penny.
                            if you had to pay all those taxes for environmental reasons and other foul excuses by the gas-companies, the us would have more bicycles than china.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Neighbour
                              if gas prices were the same in us as in germany, then and only then you could talk about "high" prices.
                              but as long as your selfelected mother****ing texas-wanker wont give a shit about kyoto-treaty and keeps invading oil countries, you can puff our fossile ressources into the air for a penny.
                              if you had to pay all those taxes for environmental reasons and other foul excuses by the gas-companies, the us would have more bicycles than china.
                              Kyoto treaty- who cares.

What do you mean "keeps invading oil countries"? That implies that we have done it several times. Who aside from Iraq have we invaded? Funny, if we invaded iraq for oil, how come gas prices are still going up?

Comment

Working...
                              X