Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMA is "Fake"

It's not my intention to offend but I probably will

MMA is definitely fake. WWF is the real deal.

Comment

As Master Ken says MMA is Bullshit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syYsxVUQeV4

Comment

It's certainly true that MMA has its own ruleset. However it is also true that MMA fighters are better prepared than most traditional martial artists for a real fight, because they have trained what techniques they use with fully resisting opponents, or at least opponents who resist as much as can be allowed under the rules. The one thing that UFC and its ilk have made abundantly clear over the years is that, for empty-handed combat, alive training is the gold standard for effectiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill View Post
          It's certainly true that MMA has its own ruleset. However it is also true that MMA fighters are better prepared than most traditional martial artists for a real fight, because they have trained what techniques they use with fully resisting opponents, or at least opponents who resist as much as can be allowed under the rules. The one thing that UFC and its ilk have made abundantly clear over the years is that, for empty-handed combat, alive training is the gold standard for effectiveness.
          I know, but is its 'fake' or to use Master Ken's parlance, 'bullshit'?

Comment

Like any other spectator sport vying for television audience, it's entertainment and you have to treat it as such.

Comment

Eh, at most, martial arts and MMA systems prepare you for 1v1 duels under varying rulesets. Tagonagy has a valid point about weapons, numbers, and that applies to mma rulesets and traditional martial arts.

If you are serious about being prepared "for the streets", situational awareness and being able to run fast are better skills than learning waza, and most martial arts spend precious little time teaching situtational awareness.

Comment

Originally posted by rfoxmich View Post
                Like any other spectator sport vying for television audience, it's entertainment and you have to treat it as such.
                I definitely agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                X