X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scientology

In my search for proof that god exists, I looked up Scientology. Basically, they're all nutbars after your money!

The basics are pyschotherapy invented by their creator, and the more advanced stuff reads like

'Xenu came to this region of the galaxy millions of years ago with all the overpopulation of other worlds, put them on earth and destroyed them with hydrogen bombs. Human minds nowadays are infected with these souls and must excorsise them.'

I'd do a little search, sounds like a cultish secret society to me...

Originally posted by Anjin-san
    In my search for proof that god exists, I looked up Scientology. Basically, they're all nutbars after your money!

The basics are pyschotherapy invented by their creator, and the more advanced stuff reads like

'Xenu came to this region of the galaxy millions of years ago with all the overpopulation of other worlds, put them on earth and destroyed them with hydrogen bombs. Human minds nowadays are infected with these souls and must excorsise them.'

I'd do a little search, sounds like a cultish secret society to me...
    Yeah, he blew them up in the caldera of a Hawaiian volcano or something like that. With nukes. Bizzare. So, all of our problems result from an infestation of angry souls that only the scientologists can exorcize. There's also something about humans evolving directly from clams or some stuff. That's what you get when a crazy sci-fi writer makes a religion - crazy sci-fi. If it weren't for the money and power, this idea would have been DOA (true for so many religions/cults). But, hey, it certainly helped Mr. Cruise balance his psyche.

Oh, no, wait - what's the opposite of balance?

Hank.

Comment

Its really scary... anyone who leaves the church of scientology are classified as 'fair game'... any scientologist can injur, sue, harass or destroy 'fair game' without discipline.

Also, they have special 'celebrity centres' for recruiting high-profile people for furthering the cause.

Comment

Scientology sure is "far-fetched" but it is understandable when you take into account it was created by a (mediocre) sci-fi writer in order to get tax exemptions. But really if you think they are weird then look up SOLLOG.
        there is also a Wikipedia article about it. Trouble is that since anyone can edit Wikipedia it sometimes changes into a SOLLOG fanatic article.

Comment

Its not so much the far-fetchedness of their beliefs thats wierd. Its the fact that they're the worlds most successful cult that gets me. They really do fit all the definitions of one...

Comment

Its not so much the far-fetchedness of their beliefs thats wierd. Its the fact that they're the worlds most successful cult that gets me. They really do fit all the definitions of one...
            Yeah...but if you look at other things (this isn't an intended blow to religion or any other mass following) but there are lots of cults around that can screw with people without any type of harsh consequence. I being a member of the Highlander cult myself, I can tell you if you mess up here...chop chop chop goes the katana through the neck

Comment

We too have the Church of Scientology here in Australia.

They had a stall at my Uncle's Chinese NYE fair, promoting massage therapy and getting kids to swear not to take drugs and issuing "Drug-Free Ambassador" Certificates.

From the outside, nothing seems to be too weird about this "Church" but after reading some of their theories...
              Last edited by Yiu Fai; 6th July 2005, 02:15 PM.

Comment

And this year's MTV award for Most Successful Cult goes to:

Christianity with 2.1 billion loonie followers.

Comment

Originally posted by Berugijin

Dude, you got serious issues. Seek help.

Jakob

Comment

Originally posted by JSchmidt
                    Dude, you got serious issues. Seek help.

Jakob
                    I sought help and now I am paying Scientology 500 dollars a month to exorcise my "body thetans".

Comment

I sought help and now I am paying Scientology 500 dollars a month to exorcise my "body thetans".
                      No really, get a grip. You are running the risk of becoming KW's next Issac Ru with the way you are going on at people at the moment. Its a bit much.

Comment

Its really scary... anyone who leaves the church of scientology are classified as 'fair game'... any scientologist can injur, sue, harass or destroy 'fair game' without discipline.

Also, they have special 'celebrity centres' for recruiting high-profile people for furthering the cause.
                        until recently i was a fan of tom cruise.
                        now i understand why he is so rude, self righteous and a basic loonie.

funny thing is i doubt god is interested in religion - whatever it is.

Comment

Originally posted by The great I AM
                          No really, get a grip. You are running the risk of becoming KW's next Issac Ru with the way you are going on at people at the moment. Its a bit much.
                          You know, to an agnostic/atheist like myself, most religions are pretty much the same thing, be it Scientology or any other major religions. Many religious people say don't insult a religion just because you don't believe it, which is nice and all. However, if some of the said people get themselves in power and if history has taught me anything, it is that I'll be burned at the stake for being an infidel, which the mob most likely cheering on.

Just my 2c.
                          Last edited by Sepiraph; 7th July 2005, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepiraph
                            You know, to an agnostic/atheist
                            how are you both? Pick man PICK. you either dont know, or you dont beleive in a God..........

why has the flames section turned into the religion debate forum? EVERY SINGLE THREAD turns into a religious argument(and yall are so talented at goading me into even bothering to start).........

Comment

Originally posted by The great I AM
                              I have trouble taking you seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X