Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.Lee
    its not hard to change someones mind when their basis of belief is totally unfounded and they did no research for themself.

really? do kids think we didnt land on the moon?
    Its amazing how a theory like this becomes a common myth. Then you have people telling you its truth because "soandso told me"

Comment

oh....that hurts...*cry*. Just kidding. I learned this in astronomy class, and the teacher taught like it was 3rd grade, so it was kind of hard to understand. Looking back and reading this thread, tho', i understand why you think i did no research/assumed what i did. good debate, tho'. And to answer your question, yes, there are kids and adults who think we never landed on the moon. There are also people who think elvis is still alive in America. Go figure.

Comment

Another quite fun hoax was when there was a documentary in Sweden that claimed that the world soccer championships in Stockholm 1958 (the year might be off, I'm no soccer fan) never happened.
        They interviewed people with "proof" that it never existed, but in the end they revealed that everything was an experiment to see how people would react (the ending titles revealed this).

Some people, however, didn't watch the whole show, and were actually a bit unsure if it happened or not.

So, I guess there are people who believe anything they see on tv, whether it is a documentary with serious scientific flaws or anime about swordsmen

Comment

Originally posted by Paikea
          [re: orbiting stuff]
          Eventually, yes, but it's designed to be moved higher periodically to compensate for the atmospheric drag (which is what brings it down)
          I thought orbits decayed because it was not possible to place something in a perfect orbit. All things that orbit eventually crash into the thing they orbit, iirc. I'll do a bit more research.

Hank.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank
            I thought orbits decayed because it was not possible to place something in a perfect orbit. All things that orbit eventually crash into the thing they orbit, iirc. I'll do a bit more research.

Hank.
            Without friction, there's no decay. However, there's always friction...

Comment

This is what the CIA wants you to think

Comment

Originally posted by kendonewbie
                ...sigh...i give up. Paikea, drizzit, congrats. You've managed to change my view on this whole topic from "i know for a fact we didn't" to "i have no idea what to think of this topic anymore". Have either of you considered a career as a lawyer? Or some other job that requires you to get people to change their minds on things like this?
                I'm already a serious geek that builds missiles in my garage for fun. Want to three rounds on the Loch Ness Monster?

Comment

Without friction, there's no decay. However, there's always friction...
                  Bah, you're absolutely right - I'm wrong on all accounts. Orbits can be stable for an eternity if there is no drag. Too bad this was after breakfast.

Hank.

Comment

I'm already a serious geek that builds missiles in my garage for fun. Want to three rounds on the Loch Ness Monster?

are you lvl 3(i beleive thats the top)certified lol? i had a friend who was, but he says some of the new homeland security bs is screwing with his ability to launch.......

Comment

Originally posted by drizzt
                      are you lvl 3(i beleive thats the top)certified lol? i had a friend who was, but he says some of the new homeland security bs is screwing with his ability to launch.......
                      Tripoli-II. DHS and BATF have emotional problems about my ability to take out an airliner.

Party-poopers.

Comment

Tripoli-II. DHS and BATF have emotional problems about my ability to take out an airliner.

Party-poopers.
                        I would be worried more about you in shiai. Imagine it:

You are facing Paikea and suddenly a there is a bang and a flash of smoke and off with your head. How would they mark a strike to the head if it is missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Lloromannic
                          I would be worried more about you in shiai. Imagine it:

You are facing Paikea and suddenly a there is a bang and a flash of smoke and off with your head. How would they mark a strike to the head if it is missing?
                          A rocket propelled flying kensen equipped with a tsuki sensor, how about it Paikea?

Comment

Originally posted by Hisham
                            A rocket propelled flying kensen equipped with a tsuki sensor, how about it Paikea?
                            The sensor would be quite pricey, and they'd take my license away. However, now you've got me thinking how much fun a shinai might be with a booster. Hmmm...

Comment

Old News

We can't hide what the President did with his cigars
                              Not the Monica Lewinsky story again!

Comment

Real believer

Originally posted by Andou
                                Hey...while we're at it...who shot JFK?
                                It was either that or nuclear conflict. So I had no choice, I'm the only one thats going to toast mankind.

Comment

Working...
                                X