X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrogance

Im sorry to say but after a few weeks of reading this Forum, some of you (i shall not mention names), are so up your own backside im sorry to say that but lets say an example Ninjitsu is it a true martial art?, of course if people practise a certain style of martial art of course it is TRUE, seriously oh look at me im a Kendoka i can accuse other Martial arts of not being 'True', these sort of people must go somewhere else like you people who start down grading other martial arts such as Taekwondo, ninjitsu etc you have way tooooo much time on your hands, and if you are so dedicated to Kendo (by the way this is only targetting these sort of people i am NOT stereotyping all Kendoka) you shud be practsing instead of stupid questions and comments such as is a Martial art 'true'

Sorry if the good people find this offensive

Damian

I guess people are looking down bad dojo, not necessarily other martial art. I am Korean and I love Taekwondo and I think it is great sports. However, it is so commercialized and have seen many dojo with poor instructors who is trying to make money from their students. I don't think it is right. Same goes to other martial art.. Just my penny worth response...

Originally posted by Musashi898
    Im sorry to say but after a few weeks of reading this Forum, some of you (i shall not mention names), are so up your own backside im sorry to say that but lets say an example Ninjitsu is it a true martial art?, of course if people practise a certain style of martial art of course it is TRUE, seriously oh look at me im a Kendoka i can accuse other Martial arts of not being 'True', these sort of people must go somewhere else like you people who start down grading other martial arts such as Taekwondo, ninjitsu etc you have way tooooo much time on your hands, and if you are so dedicated to Kendo (by the way this is only targetting these sort of people i am NOT stereotyping all Kendoka) you shud be practsing instead of stupid questions and comments such as is a Martial art 'true'

Damian

Comment

Damian
      I'm guessing that i'm one of the people he's talking about...ha ha. Sorry if i offended you in any way. If i was downgrading a marital art, it was because of a personal (and bad) experience i had with that martial art, or because some of the teachings of a certain dojo seemed false. I'm skeptical of ninjitsu today, but i love taekwondo. Just not all the 10 year old blackbelts in the classes i've been in.

Comment

Im sorry to say but after a few weeks of reading this Forum, some of you (i shall not mention names), are so up your own backside im sorry to say that but ... ~snip~
        I'm sorry to say that since you're a kid with virtually no experience what so ever, your opinion doesn't count for much. You really don't have anything other than your opinion to refute what was said (I didn't read it so I don't know just what it was), and you don't have enough experience to know if your opinion is accurate or not.

~snip~ ... you shud be practsing instead of stupid questions and comments ... ~snip~
        Very wise words. Perhaps a bit of "practice what you preach" is called for?

Comment

Paul touches on something very important here. You're young. You're 16 and your profile says that one of your hobbies is drinking beer... And you spend time arguing over things like this on the internet? Go out and party, guy, cuz you're not going to be 16 forever.

And once you're older, you might have a different perspective on certain things, too.

Comment

Originally posted by splice
            You're 16 and your profile says that one of your hobbies is drinking beer
            lol i think your reading some else's profile because i didn't say one of my hobbies is drinking beer lololol

secondly i might be 16 but i believe my opinion is worth as much as anyone's who are u to tell me that my opinion in retrospecs is worth nothing?

and your right i shud practise what i preach but hey im 16 lolol (my very crappy excuse), but seriously some people on this forum are a lil up their arses, for those who said it was personal experience thats fine there are alot of dojos with poor training sadly.

p.s. i do try and train in Iaido as much as i can

Comment

i wouldn't say some martial art are crap, but some dojo/dojang are indeed full of crap. i don't mind 10 yr old black belts, have seen enough of them to know some are actually better than 35 yr old black belts.

pete

Comment

lol i think your reading some else's profile because i didn't say one of my hobbies is drinking beer lololol
                I... really must have. Very strange, although I'm more than sure I didn't click on the wrong one. System hiccup? Maybe.

secondly i might be 16 but i believe my opinion is worth as much as anyone's who are u to tell me that my opinion in retrospecs is worth nothing?
                I'm tired of people arguing like that. Everyone believes their opinion is worth as much as anyone. That doesn't make you special. That doesn't make you right.

Your opinion is worth as much as the experience, thought and wisdom that went into it. If there is little of all three, you can't complain about it not being taken seriously. We're not in some magic fancypants world where having an opinion means other people have to respect it. You don't even have to respect other people's opinions of your opinion, and that's fine. Groups will naturally form from who respects who, and if you find yourself with a bunch of people, none of which are higher than nidan or sandan in kendo, well, you get a better idea of how in line your opinion is with the rest of the world.

Comment

Check this out

Damian
                  I hope I'm one of the good people, but take a look at this and then try to say something nice about this Ninja Warrior Princess.
                  http://www.christaj.com/index.html

Comment

Damian
                    Yes, I really take you seriously. Your nickname being "musashi", "The one" and the flawed Japanese on that website and all that.

Wait, what's that sound? I believe it's the sarcasm detector.

Comment

Damian
                      Yawn... write a single interesting post and then people might start caring about what you think. Otherwise you're of no more use than the likes of Jerrot, and certainly nowhere near as amusing.

Comment

What is Ninjitsu? Any help here?
                        Is that what Ninja turtles do?

Comment

I'd like to think that I'm more up my own arse than the majority of you. Arrogance is an indicator of frequent annhilatory pimp-style ownage.

Comment

Not offensive, just confusing. I arrogantly suggest that a little work on your grammar and sentence structure would result in something approximating written English.

Comment

Originally posted by Berugijin
                              Yes, I really take you seriously. Your nickname being "musashi", "The one" and the flawed Japanese on that website and all that.

Wait, what's that sound? I believe it's the sarcasm detector.
                              First off there is nothing wrong with my Username, it was the first Username to come into my head, i like the Matrix so what if i put the 'the one', i might be arrogant sometimes, but some of you try and attack me not on the topic but on Grammer and Spelling! and on little details of grammar! you people are seriously pathetic.

Wait, what's that sound? I believe it's the sarcasm detector (I Believe Not!)

For those who are ACTUALLY *hint hint* on the topic of choice, well i can't blame you at all when saying taekwondo is crap in some respects. 10 year old Black belts is questionable, but if you look at these 10 year black belts by the time they are 18 and are finally allowed to grade as a 2nd degree black belt. They are incredibly skilled and usually every technique is perfected.

Comment

Working...
                              X