X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Server too busy" IS PISSING ME OFF!

what the heck?? there cant possibly be that much traffic thru this forum that it cant reliably load!

whats goin on here...

I don't mind it telling me that so much. They are trying to limit their costs by limiting bandwidth. I've no problem with that. What ticks me off is that whenever I get the "server too busy" screen, it updates my cookie! Then, when I do get on, I don't know what's new since the last time I visited because it counts "server too busy" as a visit.

Yup! Call me a wambulance!!!

Comment

thats actually a great point, if it didnt update the cookie, then at least i knew i didnt miss anything.

i do like the "see the last 24 hours" link if there were no updates.

Comment

hmm, i just realized you can look at "Today's Posts" in the "Quick Links" pulldown menu on the toolbar.

ok, that kinda helps the cookie issue, but this still sucks...

Comment

what really sucks is typing out a long reply to a thread and hitting "submit" and server is too busy.. kiss it goodby

can't really complain though.. it's FREE afterall

Comment

yeah, like washington.

I was going to post a huge post with links and stuff but once I got server too busy I was too angry to type it again.

Comment

holy crap, i finally got thru!

Comment

Originally posted by Optomitrist
                yeah, like washington.

I was going to post a huge post with links and stuff but once I got server too busy I was too angry to type it again.

Here's a tip: If the that message appears, don't close the window, instead wait a while and refresh it, that way it'll post your message.

Comment

Originally posted by Optomitrist
                  yeah, like washington.

With the situation as it is, i always copy what i write especially if it's a long post.

Comment

wow, theres so much discussion going on when NO ONE CAN GET TO LOG ON DURING THE DAY!

Comment

a forum takes up hardly any bandwidth. It's all text. The big deal would be the overhead of all the database queries. Even so I think the multiple sessions is set way too low.

Comment

It gets really annoying sometimes, like either when you're posting something and it craps out on you, or right before a big event (like the MWKF tournament in La Crosse, WI this past weekend) and you try to catch updates before you have to leave.

That is my only real problem with the "server is too busy" thing.

Comment

hmm seems to have gotten better this afternoon.

Comment

Hamish, please tell us this problem is going to end very soon. We promise to behave and will watch out for scam and troll better.

Comment

Well it seems OK now. So perhaps we can all get back on our prams? I think the only person with a real gripe is the one who typed the big post and lost it. Perhaps its better to do big posts in word then paste them in? Not that I ever do them these days as I realised fairly quickly that few bother to read them!

As for the rest of you..... Get back to work!

Comment

Working...
                              X