Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone doing another martial art than kendo while practicing it?
    I mean, doing it full time, like kendo (2 practices a week of each or something like that)

Comment

I try to keep up with my Tai Chi while doing Kendo. It is not too difficult because they are completely different. Also, one is rather intensive and very excercise-like while the other is calming and stretching like. They don't get confused in my head because they are so different and they give me active time and relax time. It is a nice balance for me.

Comment

Yes Saki, I do other MA. Kendo 4 times/week and karate (wadokai) 2 times/week.

Tuesdays its both. I was in the dojo from 4.30 pm to 10 pm today... But one of those hours are just resting between sessions.

Hmmm 00.30 now. Tired. Should go to sleep. Nah, must read at this forum and other forums first!

Comment

well i used to do karate before ( for abt 4 years before my exams absorbed me)......then i picked up kendo abt 3 & 1/2 years back...honestly...i donno y.....but....i only know that i joined kendo without even thinking abt anything.......weird..isn't it?????so now i am hooked......no....i am enjoying my practise untill i am training abt 5times a week...

Comment

I started practicing Kendo not as MA or sport. Kendo have some kind of Spirit in it. I like Reiho, tradition, swords, developement of mind and finaly: the way that Bogu looks like

Comment

I've always been a lover of Japanese language, music, culture, etc... , but I decided to practice kendo because I was looking for a way of, how can I put this, evolving myself. We all strive to do really well in many areas of our lives but do we actually take the time to stop and think of what exactly are we trying to achieve, and if we're really benefiting as much as we'd like to from what we do in our everyday lives. Like our sensei once told me You cant practice kendo and not become a better person. There is no downside to kendo, when practiced properly, it literally turns you into the best person you can be.

Comment

Hello

Why Kendo? Why not?
                Simply: Kendo is health for ur body and mind.
                U might say Yoga is health for body and mind as well, but I think that is a woman's idea of health body and mind.
                Kendo is a very manly thing although lots of female are doing it as well.

cheer

Comment

Working...
                X