• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear GOD!!

www.artsofthesamurai.net/ kendoclass.html

Kendo McDojo

Comment

Indeed... we have a guy outside work who hands out leaflets... his dojo is his front room with a tatami-coloured blanket put down on the floor - and apparently he teaches "every form of bushido known, including Aikido-te (Wtf???)"

Comment

(snip)

Yeeeehaaaw! Tha' 2005 Southeastern Regional Open Tournament Endins!!:
        On the year of our lawd, September 10th, the Arts of the Hillbilly Samurai be hostin the 2005 Southeastern Regional Open up in here in Lil 'Ol Knoxville, Tennessee!!!
        Arts of the Redneck Samurai students be receivin' numerous medals and trophies and whutnot.

Congratulations and a slap on the knee to all them participating students -- we all look forward to seeing ya'll agin next year!
        We'd also like to give a big hoot n' hollar to all ya'll who done helped with settin up and taking down the tournament and such, and as well all ya'lls kinfolk who be helpin durin the event.

(end snip)

Comment

heh heh! Only in America (not to insult Americans, but it just wouldn't happen in the UK!)

have you seen the pic of the cute little blonde girl breaking a board with her elbow... nuts!

Comment

Wow, Sensei Trussel is studying for a black belt in kendo!

Comment

I've always wanted to go to a place like that just to see how they teach. There is such a place near my house so I can just go there and see what's up.

One thing I've always wondered is what their reaction would be if someone that practices the real martial art comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Kitten
                heh heh! Only in America (not to insult Americans, but it just wouldn't happen in the UK!)
                You're kidding, right? Just have a peruse through the baffling budo section at e-budo to discover how many UK martial arts frauds there are.

Comment

I have to tell my sensei that he's teaching the wrong kendo. He makes us wear bogu, use shinais, and we can't stand still to let our opponents hit us without opposition.

He also doesn't let us use live blades, even when we reach yondan.

My kendo is so deprived............

Comment

Just what is that. They have a sensei who got his firts dan last year ...

Comment

Originally posted by Morvran
                      Wow, Sensei Trussel is studying for a black belt in kendo!
                      That's quite impressive for a mere stag.

http://www.artsofthesamurai.net/senseimcsorley.html

Why does she looks like she came out of a bad anime? Is there even such a thing as the US National Martial Arts Hall of Fame?

Comment

Is it just me or is the guy in the kendo picture holding the bokken the wrong way? Also, I can understand children screwing up, but the woman with her back towards the camera should have her belt tied better so it doesn't look like it does now.

Comment

Hahaha.... what I cant get over is the photos of the senseis. You've got a rambo, a chinese wannabe (supposed to be teaching japanese arts), and another guy who wants to be in a samurai movie.

Sorry, cant stop rolling around on the ground....

Comment

Originally posted by Omnis
                            Is there even such a thing as the US National Martial Arts Hall of Fame?
                            Probably. You'll find that there are many organisations with names like that, or "World Sokeship Council" or whatever. They are sometimes run as money-making scams (pay me X dollars and I'll award you a big title), and sometimes are collaborations by the members to make themselves look good. You'll often find such an organisation will nominate many legitimate well-known instructors along with themselves, to give themselves the appearance of standing alongside the people who are the real deal. Whenever I see someone who claims recognition or membership in an organisation with such a title, I'm instantly suspicious. If they belong to multiple such organisations, I dismiss them out of hand.

Comment

Ok, that website is just downright depressing its so bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X