• Lone Kitten
    started a topic Dear GOD!!

Dear GOD!!

www.artsofthesamurai.net/ kendoclass.html

• KhawMengLee
    replied
    Originally posted by I_am_Cthulhu
    I love "From Beyond"... superb.

Clive Barker reminds me of Lovecraft at times. "Cabal" is a good example of this.
    I liked the movie too...a pity the studio cut it up...Barker is still digging in the vaults for the lost scenes so he can release a special edition dvd.

Originally posted by Anime12478
    It seems like most of the old information is there except for the news and announcemnets about the tater cuttin' class. But now, the website looks better.
    yes...tater cuttin...right next to the banana cutting session where male student hold the ole' nanaba's out at crotch level and Sensei McSorely proceeds to practice 'eemazukalate' waza to boost her ego...

Leave a comment:

• Jung_Yul
    replied
    Yes, I know, but it's been an interesting journey, and I really am interested to hear what reaction my research had on someone who's not a long-term resident of these forums.

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    Right now, the only thing that'll get this thread going again would be be a responce from one of this dojo's students. As well researched and informative as your previous posts have been, they pretty much point out in text book form what the rest of us have been saying in laymen's terms all this time: The owner's a fraud, and so is what she teaches.

Leave a comment:

• Jung_Yul
    replied
    Well, a week has come and gone with no reply from anyone... did I kill this thread, or did everyone just lose interest? ^_^ I'm also still waiting for some response from Raccoon. As I said before, I'm just curious about what his thoughts are about this.

John

Leave a comment:

• Jung_Yul
    replied
    Originally posted by Kenzan
    10 to 1 says they have a wholesale account with Budk for when students are "ready" for a "live blade."
    Okay, Kenzan, now THAT made MY day... sheer brilliance. I guess we're even now.

John

Leave a comment:

• Kenzan
    replied
    10 to 1 says they have a wholesale account with Budk for when students are "ready" for a "live blade."

Leave a comment:

• hobbit
    replied
    "Our Kendo classes are safe, fun, and educational. Students learn the history of Japanese Swordsmanship, beginning with the basic cuts and stances. All beginners work with a wooden bokken until they have achieved enough skill that the instructor recommends a live blade." ???????
    Doesn't sound like any kendo I've ever seen or practiced . . .

Leave a comment:

• Jung_Yul
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. T.
    Kenzan isn't the only one who's happy with your research, good work. All of this shows, again, that they have a good chance of winning the "mcdojo of the year award".
    THAT, at least, would be a legitimate award! Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. T.
    replied
    Kenzan isn't the only one who's happy with your research, good work. All of this shows, again, that they have a good chance of winning the "mcdojo of the year award".

Leave a comment:

• Jung_Yul
    replied
    Originally posted by Kenzan
    That's good stuff John!
    I was surprised to see the name Duane R. Ethington on that list.
    I've worked with him before, and I can say that he is the real deal as far as M/A is concerned. But that was over 15 years ago, and the guy was in his late 50's!
    Good to see he is still active.
    -Made my day, actually.
    I'm glad that my toils and efforts were so well received by someone. As I said in my earlier post, I don't know what this Hall of Fame organization is about, but they seem to be on a good level... still not sure about the fact that they induct numerous people in the same state for some of their "of the Year" awards, but such is life. ^_^ Take care.

Leave a comment:

• Kenzan
    replied
    That's good stuff John!
    I was surprised to see the name Duane R. Ethington on that list.
    I've worked with him before, and I can say that he is the real deal as far as M/A is concerned. But that was over 15 years ago, and the guy was in his late 50's!
    Good to see he is still active.
    -Made my day, actually.

Leave a comment:

• Jung_Yul
    replied
    This is a long one... part 2

Meyers sensei's profile claims that she was inducted as Female Martial Artist of the year for 2005. From Arizona we have Jesse "Ted" Molina as "Most Inspiring Martial Artist of the Year." Arkansas has Henry Deon Moser as "Martial Artist of the Year." Georgia has Michael Ehrenreich as "International Martial Artist of the Year." Allen Fischer of Missouri has "Multi-Disciplined Martial Artist of the Year." Joseph Richard Gelineau of Rhode Island has "Martial Artist of the Year," and Florida has JaVarez DaShonn Thomas as "Jr. Martial Artist of the Year." No mention of a Mindi Meyers was made anywhere, or even of the surname "Meyers" in any of the six years' archives.

Golden sensei claims on his profile to be awarded "Male Martial Artist of the year" for 2005, and "Instructor of the Year" for 2003, in that order. (I only distinguish that because it makes more sense to me to list them chronologically.) We've already explored the "Martial Artist of the Year" and found no instance of a Billey Golden, so let's check the second (first?) award. For 2003, John Stump of Alabama has "Shorinji Kempo Instructor of the Year." Steve Place and Farren L. Wadley of Arkansas both are "Taekwondo Instructor of the Year." (for the same state...) California has Kathleen Newhouse and Marty Zaninovich with "Female TKD Instructor of the Year" and "Master Instructor of the Year" respectively. Colorado has Sheldon Marr with "Defense Tactics Instructor of the Year." Conneticut has Daniel Semeraro Jr. as "Instructor of the Year," as does Indiana's Eric M. Gassin. Indiana has Jim Snowberger as "Tae Kwon Do Instructor of the Year," (I love how consistant this site is... Taekwondo, TKD, Tae Kwon Do...) also from Indiana is Kelli Snowberger as "Female Tae Kwon Do Instructor of the Year." Massachusetts has Kathryn Bailey, Robert Bronson, Jay Brunetta, Dean Gaudet, Joshua Ryan Lott, Mark Anthony Montaquila, Steven Robillard, and Ken Woodside as "Instructor of the Year," (all eight are THE Instructor of the Year...) and Bruce McCrorry is "Master Instructor of the Year." Minnesota has Harold J. Mead as "Master Instructor of the Year." Missouri has Robert Lee Jones with the same award. New York has Michelle A. Smith with "Female Instructor of the Year." Ohio has L.J. Blevins with "Shorin-Ryu Instructor of the Year," Russ Cambarare as "Instructor of the Year," and Anna M. Smith as "Female Instructor of the Year." Rhode Island has Alan R. Fortes as "Instructor of the Year," and Alan S. Reedy as "Law Enforcement Instructor of the Year." South Carolina has Tracy D. Stephens as "Ninjitsu Instructor of the Year." (I won't touch that.) Tennesse has Chad Netherland and James Edward Ogle as "Master Instructor of the Year." Texas has James Edward Cox as "Kajukembo Instructor of the Year," and Parish Matthew Cronen, David J. McLaughlin, and Justing Ryan White as "Instructor of the Year." Washington has Doris Elaine Reed as "Ishi Yama Ryu Instructor of the Year." The U.K. has Allison Phipps as "International Instructor of the Year." Arkansas has Victor Romero as "Latino Instructor of the Year." Illinois has Vladimir Djordjevic as "Distinguished Master Instructor of the Year." Serbia and Montenegro have Ana Vracarevic, Bratislav Stajic, and Radojica Spasovic as "International Instructor of the Year."

Trussel sensei and Crocker sensei have no listing for any awards by the US National Martial Arts Hall of Fame on their profile.

Now, this has been quite a bit to search, type up, and Im certain its been quite a bit to read. I only listed all the actual inductees of these awards to highlight a point. By falsely representing themselves as having been given these awards, they are dishonoring themselves, and, in my humble opinion, mocking everyone that was legitimately awarded. I am not casting stones, nor am I making any accusations. I am merely presenting the facts in the most unbiased way I can think of. As I have stated before, if anyone can disprove anything Ive put here, Ill be happy to hear him or her out. On that note, Ive noticed that Raccoon has been silent for a while. On one hand, I cant really blame him, as he is a student of this organization, and really shouldnt be held accountable for what they do. Further, he did throw his two cents in at the risk of being verbally attacked, which in my opinion constitutes a measure of courage, which should be applauded. Im not sure if anything here has reached him, and certainly if hes happy with this organization, theres nothing wrong with that in and of itself. I only know that if it came to light that any of my martial arts instructors had made similar statements about their achievements, and that such achievements were not capable of being substantiated, it, at the very least, would give me pause. I have left a martial arts school due to personal moral issues with the schools instructor, so I can, at least, speak intelligently on that issue. Everything else, I leave to the judgment of others. At any rate, I would like to know Raccoons thoughts and feelings about all this, or even the thoughts and feelings of the assorted instructors of this organization. I swear decency and civility, and feel safe in ensuring the general group here will do the same.

Yours in Budo,
    John

Leave a comment:

• Jung_Yul
    replied
    This is a long one... part 1

Originally posted by Anime12478
    It seems like most of the old information is there except for the news and announcemnets about the tater cuttin' class. But now, the website looks better.

Yes, it's very pretty and shiny. To continue some of the points I made in my earlier post, I went back and was a bit more thorough in my checking of the good sensei's' US National Martial Arts Hall of Fame award claims. For the sake of civility, I will refrain from any further sarcasm.
    First, we have McSorley sensei. According to her website, she holds the following distinctions:
    Woman of the Year (2001)
    Female Master of the Year (2002)
    Head Founder of the Year (2003)
    Chaplain of the Year (2004)
    the first female Pioneer Award Recipient (2005) (bold, underlining, and italics are my own for emphasis.)

First, the only instance of a "Woman of the Year" award was in 2000, and it was given to a Ruth Hunter. There are no awardees for the years 2001-2005 for Woman of the Year. In fact, the award isn't even listed other than for 2000.

Second, from 2000-2002, there are no listings for "Female Master of the Year." For the year 2003, there is one listing for the state of Wisconsin (yes, there are individual awards by state.) for a Lisa Heitke. There were no subsequent awards for this title in 2004 or 2005.

Third, for the title of "Head Founder of the Year," there are no listings at all from 2000-2005. For the sake of being thorough, I also searched every year for "Founder of the Year." In 2001, it was a Marty Cale. 2002 had one from the states Arizona, California, and Conneticut, and Arkansas and Texas had "Co-Founder of the Year," and Tennessee had just "Founder." Respectively, those names are: William McDonald, Bob Moses, Kevin Barry Sullivan, Rhuel Dean Luttrell, Charles Lee Bergeron Jr., and Jay Blanton. For 2003, We have Robert H. Hardin from Arkansas, Duane R. Ethington from Texas, Russell McCartney from Washington, and Bernie Fritz from Wisconsin. For 2004, Walt Lysak Jr. takes the award for "Reality Martial Arts Founder of the Year," Richard Ryan has "Combat Martial Arts Founder of the Year," Leonard Holifield has "International Executive Security Founder of the Year," and for just "Founder of the Year," we have Ronald Calpito from Hawaii. For 2005's "Founder of the Year," we have Rowdy D. Hall and David M. Morizot from California, and TA Frazer from Kentucky has "International Founder of the Year."

Fourth, the award "Chaplain of the Year," I searched from 2000-2005 for "Chaplain of the Year." This particular award does not appear on any archive list, leading me to believe that said award does not exist, and is therefore fiction. To be thorough (because that's becoming my favorite word) I searched all six years for the word "Chaplain." The only instance was in the 2002 bio of Garx Findley from California, stating that he serves full time as the Protestant Chaplain at Wasco State Prison.

Fifth and finally are the claims that McSorley sensei was the first female to be recognized with the "Pioneer Award." As I mentioned earlier, there have been no women recognized with this award to date. In 2002, Al Holcomb from Tennessee was recognized as a "Martial Art Pioneer," In 2003 Pat Burleson was "America's Karate Pioneer," (and I realize that "Pat" could be a woman's name, but no women were awarded the "Pioneer Award.") Paul N. Guilbeault from Massachusetts received the "Pioneer Award," as did Richard A. Petronelli of Rhode Island in 2005, and in 2005 Stephen "Steve" Clark received the "Martial Arts Pioneer Award."

Leave a comment:

• Anime12478
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X