X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii/Red Steel - Worth a Punt?

So is anyone able to give a first hand review of the Red Steel game on the Wii?

Is it as satisfying to hack people up as it was to blast them with a 12-gauge in the original version of Doom?

Apparently they go on sale in the UK on Friday and I need to know if I should be camping outside HMV on Thursday night...

I'm still considering a wii... If you get one, augment that wrist strap (one method). The small connector tie that loops into the controller tends to snap.

funny stuff: http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DarQik
      Wow, that's exactly the kind of cardio workout that I need.

Comment

The wii flailing stuff is new. Scroll on down to enjoy the archive of smashed TV's and applicances. Nice plasma TV, uh, oops...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Molloy
          So is anyone able to give a first hand review of the Red Steel game on the Wii?

Is it as satisfying to hack people up as it was to blast them with a 12-gauge in the original version of Doom?

Apparently they go on sale in the UK on Friday and I need to know if I should be camping outside HMV on Thursday night...
          Awooga Guy is going to pick this up on Friday - he will report back with a definitive capsule review. However, if you haven't pre-ordered a Wii by now, the odds of you picking one up are pretty slim. Worth a punt though. Don't forget to try lots of places other than Game, HMV etc - try some places that most people won't have thought of like Asda, Tesco, Currys etc.

Check these threads out on rllmukforum.com:

Red Steel Thread

Exciting Wii-tails

Pwii-orders

Wii Virtual Console Thread

Wii left it too late thread

Hope they help.

That is all.

Comment

Hmmm. I wonder if it helps to shout "Sassen!" as loudly as possible when you press the Start button...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Molloy
              Hmmm. I wonder if it helps to shout "Sassen!" as loudly as possible when you press the Start button...
              Someone should find and go to a store that is demo'ing the Wii and Red Steel, play the game at the store, get to a sword fighting scene, and shout "MEN!", "KOTE!", "DO!", and "TSUKI!" when appropriate :P

Comment

I've already seen a guy hit himself in the crotch with the wii controlers...

Comment

I haven't heard very good reviews for the game with the biggest complaint being the responsiveness of the controller. Most are letting it slide though as it is a launch game though.

Here's a link to Gamerankings.com which lists rating averages across many magazines and websites and provides links to such articles.

Comment

Yeh, I havn't heard too many good things about Red steal, other than its OK for a casual game. Other games though have gotten great reviews, such as Wii sports, Legend of Zelda, and a few others. I would definitly pick it up if I had a spare 250 bucks, but I dont, so I am just going to have to suck it up with my xbox 360 and my Halo and gears of war.

Comment

My math teacher bought a Wii and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. He brought it to school too.

Comment

Anybody who hits their TV with the wiimote deserves it. You have to be a moron to let go of it in the first place, and doubly so to swing with enough force to break the strap and keep traveling with enough velocity to cause damage. The games respond to force, but only to a degree, it doesn't take much to max out on power. In fact in Golf, it's way too easy to use too much power, even swignly relatively gently.

Comment

Working...
                        X