X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• present for 40th b-day.

i'm hitting 40 this fall.. in american age. i hit 41 on jan. 1st this year after rice cake soup.. korean thing..

anyway.. i need list of things that i need to give to my wife. she wants to give me something nice, and i.. really don't need anything.. i have two wonderful sons, can't ask for much after that

this is what i came up with..

1) new bogu bag.. i don't like carrying my leather boston bag in the rain.. i need new nylon boston bag.
    2) new leather shinai bag to go with my old leather boston bag.
    3)..

hmm.. can't think pass that second one. thought about doing complete restoration on my 68' vespa 180ss, but.. i don't think i'll have time to ride it anyway..

and asking for hooker is not an option.

pete

A Yellow Mustang GT convertible with Hawaiian shirt as bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by bullet08 View Post
      hmm.. can't think pass that second one. thought about doing complete restoration on my 68' vespa 180ss, but.. i don't think i'll have time to ride it anyway..
      Friends don't let friends ride scooters. Video tape it as you push it over a cliff, then head for a Ducati dealer. Think "red", name her something exotic.
      ...and asking for hooker is not an option.
      See suggestion #1, less chance of catching something nasty, zero backtalk.

Comment

anyway.. i need list of things that i need to give to my wife. she wants to give me something nice, and i.. really don't need anything.. i have two wonderful sons, can't ask for much after that
        why should you be any different from the rest of us? If you want to catch up with the other 40 somethings, this is what you need:

1) bottomless well of self-loathing and despair when you realise your shitty career is going nowhere
        2) neglected and taken for granted by teenage goth children who would rather spend their time planning the next high-school massacre
        3) a short, guilty and sordid affair followed by a drawn out and crippling divorce....

hey, but there's still kendo

;-)

(a crate of cask-strength Springbank and a humidor of Cohibas would be my other choice)

Comment

Hey I don't like that

Originally posted by Paikea View Post
          Friends don't let friends ride scooters. Video tape it as you push it over a cliff, then head for a Ducati dealer. Think "red", name her something exotic.
          See suggestion #1, less chance of catching something nasty, zero backtalk.
          So everyone over forty with a Ducati is having a mid life crisis? I resent that remark I had my first Ducati when I was 36. I still have one now. So in your theory I had my crisis too soon.
          Do share the footage when you solemnly discard your scooter. Preferably in a spectacular way. Maybe donate it to the Mythbusters!

Comment

Originally posted by 剣、ビールおよび女の子 View Post
            1) bottomless well of self-loathing and despair when you realise your shitty career is going nowhere
            2) neglected and taken for granted by teenage goth children who would rather spend their time planning the next high-school massacre
            3) a short, guilty and sordid affair followed by a drawn out and crippling divorce....

(a crate of cask-strength Springbank and a humidor of Cohibas would be my other choice)
            1) what career? i just make money. don't have a career.
            2) hmm.. i still have good 9 yrs before worrying about high school for the kids.
            3) damn.. you have time for affair? i can barely squeeze in kendo..

i still have two cuban sitting in my study.. hope they are not too dry to smoke. wish i have time to drink whisky and smoke cigars..

pete

Comment

Originally posted by Fonsz View Post
              So everyone over forty with a Ducati is having a mid life crisis? I resent that remark I had my first Ducati when I was 36. I still have one now. So in your theory I had my crisis too soon.
              Do share the footage when you solemnly discard your scooter. Preferably in a spectacular way. Maybe donate it to the Mythbusters!
              nope.. the vespa stays. ducati.. not big on bikes. not big on scooters neither. just love my 180ss.

pete

Comment

Originally posted by Big One View Post
                A Yellow Mustang GT convertible with Hawaiian shirt as bonus.
                thought about new truck too.. but i need something more pratical.. like honda pilot. need room to take my kids to places, and carry my bogu. that's not till next year, or when my nissa dies on me.

pete

Comment

Originally posted by 剣、ビールおよび女の子 View Post
                  Oohhh...we have a winner!

Comment

Can't be helped then

nope.. the vespa stays. ducati.. not big on bikes. not big on scooters neither. just love my 180ss.

pete
                    Not big on scooters, but you do love a Vespa 180ss. Quite an ambivalent character I presume. Well if you don't want our good advice then don't ask for it.

Comment

So. Just once, go down to the local duck shop. Ask to check out a 1098S, take her outside, have a seat and fire that bad girl up. Crank on the throttle (after a decent warm-up period, of course) until she honks (you'll know when). Take her for a little spin around the block, discover what the word "torque" really means. Understand that she can be difficult to control with that front wheel off the pavement like that. Run her up to 60 or so, then see what Mr. Brembo can do before you get to that stop sign. Notice that she's hard to control with the rear wheel off the pavement like that. Notice that she's loud, touchy, and has a lousy turning radius.

Next, get off, walk away and just try not to look back. No man has ever been able to do that.

Then, be sure to talk final cost and not monthly payments or they'll have you by the short ones.

God, I miss my bike(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Fonsz View Post
                        So everyone over forty with a Ducati is having a mid life crisis?
                        Hell, no. It's just that when you're around that age, and have not massively screwed up, you can afford the things Satan is whispering in your ear...

Comment

1. Kendo vacation... You know, I want to go to Korea / Japan / Hawaii / wherever and do kendo for a week WITHOUT a cell / kids / wife
                          2. Vacation with hooker. You're just as likely to get this as the former.
                          3. New bogu and new bogu bag and new shinai bag and new shinai....
                          4. A tie, preferably clip-on

Comment

thought about new truck too.. but i need something more pratical.. like honda pilot. need room to take my kids to places, and carry my bogu. that's not till next year, or when my nissa dies on me.

pete

What's wrong with you? A Honda Pilot? it is so obsolete like 39 years old. When you're 40, the most practical things is convertible

If you want more practical, get a yellow Do

Comment

1) Get a shinken.
                              2) Go to japan and buy a shinken.
                              3) Take the wife to japan on a nice holiday, go to a sword shop and buy a shinken. And anyother useful things you can get in sword shops. Like antique shinken.
                              4) Go to japan for training and buy a shinken.
                              5) Get real and just ask wife for some new socks. Then you have a legitimate excuse to murder said wife and go to japan and buy a shinken, and train, and whatever else you want to do. Life begins at 40. Allegedly.

Comment

Working...
                              X