Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Arsenal do the quadruple!! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Arsenal do the quadruple!!

    I think it was four major honours, anyway!

    Did anybody else catch Monday's Cup Final game between Aresenal (4) and Charlton (1)?

    A skillful encounter for the whole 90 minutes, with perhaps only the Charlton goalkeeper not having the best of games!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Drew View Post
    I think it was four major honours, anyway!

    Did anybody else catch Monday's Cup Final game between Aresenal (4) and Charlton (1)?

    A skillful encounter for the whole 90 minutes, with perhaps only the Charlton goalkeeper not having the best of games!
    this must be about soccer.. at first i thought it was about stanley cup final, but didn't recognize the team names..

    pete

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bullet08 View Post
      this must be about soccer..
      No it's definitely about football. Only Americans call it soccer

      Mike

      PS - Annoyingly I missed the Arsenal game

      Comment


      • #4
        Gloooooory Glory Man Uniiiiiiited!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Speaking of soccer vs. football... I never quite understood how a sport where you only use your feet was named to soccer and a sport where you most of the time use your hands was named football. I just love the logic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by h2o View Post
            Speaking of soccer vs. football... I never quite understood how a sport where you only use your feet was named to soccer and a sport where you most of the time use your hands was named football. I just love the logic
            It's not called soccer, it's called football. Even Sven knew that (well, maybe).

            Also, rugby is really rugby football to distinguish it from real football.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Drew View Post
              I think it was four major honours, anyway!

              Did anybody else catch Monday's Cup Final game between Aresenal (4) and Charlton (1)?

              A skillful encounter for the whole 90 minutes, with perhaps only the Charlton goalkeeper not having the best of games!
              You mean the one that sent Charlton crashing back into the Championship?

              Comment


              • #8
                Glory Glory Man utd!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aresnal did us a favor with Chelsea so you have to give it to em but come on now....Man Utd Forever!!!!! Cheers!
                God Bless the Busby Boys!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Decado View Post
                  It's not called soccer, it's called football. Even Sven knew that (well, maybe).

                  Also, rugby is really rugby football to distinguish it from real football.
                  hehe...there's an old saying about football and rugby. Football is played by Gentlemen and watched by Hooligans. Rugby is played by Hooligans and watched by Gentlemen.

                  Heh, which is probably why I played rugby in university and high school...

                  The only thing that comes close is Aussie Rules Football...UP THERE CAZALY!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You Sexist lot!

                    *Sigh

                    Nope - this was the women's F.A. Cup Final! Televised LIVE on BBC on Monday afternoon! Better than watching most Leagues teams play.

                    Gone are the butch looking girls with tree trunk legs. They've been replaced by athletic svelte amazons (but with both breasts) that can actually head the ball!

                    Top stuff.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Decado View Post
                      It's not called soccer, it's called football. Even Sven knew that (well, maybe).
                      I know, it's called football here as well (or "fotboll" really, but I guess you can see the similarities), I was speaking about the other guys *points across the Atlantic*

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by h2o View Post
                        I know, it's called football here as well (or "fotboll" really, but I guess you can see the similarities), I was speaking about the other guys *points across the Atlantic*
                        Sorry, I was only joking! Well, maybe not about Sven. Believe it or not, some people want him back now!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by KhawMengLee View Post
                          hehe...there's an old saying about football and rugby. Football is played by Gentlemen and watched by Hooligans. Rugby is played by Hooligans and watched by Gentlemen.

                          Heh, which is probably why I played rugby in university and high school...

                          The only thing that comes close is Aussie Rules Football...UP THERE CAZALY!!!
                          I've heard that saying as well although they've never seen Joey Barton or Roy Keane play - they are not gentleman.

                          I used to play rugger as well at school. I was a winger - fast and out of all those scrums!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by eric View Post
                            Glory Glory Man utd!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aresnal did us a favor with Chelsea so you have to give it to em but come on now....Man Utd Forever!!!!! Cheers!
                            God Bless the Busby Boys!!!!!
                            There is a saying that the typical Man U fan doesn't come from Manchester and this forum seems to support that. I love to watch them play and was very disappointed that they were so bad against AC Milan. A Liverpool vs Man U final in Athens would have been awesome as I would have loved both to win. Now I want Liverpool to repeat the success of the final two years ago but without giving the Italians a 3 goal lead just to get their hopes up.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Decado View Post
                              I've heard that saying as well although they've never seen Joey Barton or Roy Keane play - they are not gentleman.

                              I used to play rugger as well at school. I was a winger - fast and out of all those scrums!
                              I was a hooker...still get sniggers when I mention this...in High School rugby was great...then in Uni I was suddenly a tiny...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X