No announcement yet.

Who is a blogger here? Why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blog... I started a few time ago, my 1st thought was that itd be a good way to keep some friends I dont see often of my whereabouts so I was writing about many things in general, I also started writting some kind of "stories" to have a good laugh with friends, these are called "GO ORIMPOS NO SHO" as a representation of the nonsense written by me based on experiences and well, stories with more friends! Its been funny, also to see the comments appear and dissappear... Lately Ive left it behind for a while urging to do not write about kendo because many friends just dont care and it was not a kendo journal in the begginning.

Comment

I have a facebook account.. to keep in touch with friends who have moved away and to keep in touch with those who havent.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=520181805

Comment

I was inspired by the "Suburi Diaries" and having been encouraged by my own teacher to maintain a kendo-diary, I decided to make it a blog. It's gone through various stages of activity, but for the year or so, it helped me formulate many questions and answers about myself and kendo. It also proved to be reasonably popular.
        It's been tricky at times and you have to be careful with the way to describe practices with other people. I have read other people's blogs where I've 'featured' and I was amazed at their description of 'beating me' when the situation from my perspective was opposite.
        This prompted me to take great of not judging other peoples kendo and make a greater effort of being honest about my own practices.
        I don't have as much to say anymore as I used to, but with my grading coming up at the end of this year, I'll probably get a bit more introspective and have some more nonsense to write.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparv View Post
          I know there are some bloggers here, at least Paburo, Oroshi and Kenzan. There are certainly other, and I ask this simple question: Why?

I certainly won't start any blog in the next years, because I have nothing interresting to write, especially if the whole planet can read it.
          whoa... too many reasons actually. let's start...

1. i have a lot, a WHOLE lot of family and friends widespread all around the world, so initially i started my blog as a way to let them know of my whereabouts and how i was doing and keep them updated all at the same time without the need to email each one of them (coughlazybastardcough). comments work as a feedback and hey-whats-up checks between us too.

2. kendo-wise, it is a way to keep my progress documented... but most important it is a way to keep immortalised all of those good-priceless moments of kendo camps, sayounara parties, tournament goofs and all of those non-politically correct pictures, videos, and stories of our kendo-friends-gang.

to be honest, i actually have a small handwritten paper journal/notebook with very serious notes about kendo and secret techniques from sensei. and whenever i write a serious article about kendo i post it on our dojos website(i'm the webmaster) and usually not only on my blog. so my livejournal is mostly an outlet for the anything goes crazy-funny-kinky stuff that i CAN'T post anywhere else!

3- i do it for the fans and the groupies

btw, i should update soon... i just came from another kendo camp-stage-taikai. and my kendo-mates made me a bogu-men-shaped piata for my bday haha. kickass

Comment

Like most of those who answered this question, I too started blogging because I wanted to organize my ideas about kendo.
            At the same time, when I started it there were very few people praticing in Portugal, let alone trying to keep some sort of info source aobut kendo.
            So I did it.

Comment

There is a lot of interresting answers here.
              Many people answered that they wanted to organize their training, or to have a record of their progression. But why on a blog on the internet? Why making it public?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparv View Post
                There is a lot of interresting answers here.
                Many people answered that they wanted to organize their training, or to have a record of their progression. But why on a blog on the internet? Why making it public?
                why not? why forum when we have all those people in the dojo? just another way to kill time on the internet. i used to blog alot when i used to work really weird hours. now i have less free time, i don't blog as much. besides, unlike some european country/other company, we are not allow to drink beer during work hours... if they provided beer during my breaks, i'll stop forum, and blog altogather.

pete

Comment

Working...
                X