Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Big Thankyou to the McGill Kendo Club!! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Big Thankyou to the McGill Kendo Club!!

    Id like to thank everyone from the McGill University Kendo Club for letting me train with them for the last 2 weeks - you guys were fantastic!

    I really enjoyed doing keiko against jodan and nito, plus getting to train with some girls for a change. The footsweeps and headbutts were surprisingly fun! Im looking forward to trying some of this stuff out at home! I got some wonderful advice about my footwork, as well as some interesting versions of waza.

    I hope if I come back to Canada next year I can train with your club again, and you are all welcome to come to Perth and train with me if you find yourself in my part of the world!

    And of course, pics:

    jigeiko:http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...5/P1020470.jpg

    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...5/P1020475.jpg

    group pic: http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...5/P1020498.jpg

    bruises: http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...bruiseswk1.jpg
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...bruiseswk2.jpg

    Thankyou so much!!

    Ali :]

  • #2
    i know your thread is not directed at me
    but nice post.
    i love the last pic. looks like you got some good training in

    Comment


    • #3
      It was fabulous! I wish I could have stayed longer.

      Comment


      • #4
        It was a lot of fun having you with us here.
        I didnt know it was your last practice with us today. Sorry I could not come because of work!

        Comment


        • #5
          I had a blast when I teamed up with the "B" team at the Waterloo tournament. Thanks to Raymond, Rebecca, Rachel, and Tom for letting me help out on the team.

          Comment


          • #6
            whoaaaaaa, looking at those two last pics makes me wonder if those guys are a dojo of 'scarificators/bruise masters' or you are reaaaaaaaaal bad case of 'the delicate and tender crystal petal rose'!

            in any case, thanks a lot for sharing the pictures!

            mcgill is one of the dojos i have ALWAYS wanted to visit.... maxime knows why hahahaha

            Comment


            • #7
              i want to visit mcgill too, actually i want to do a tour and go to visit all my budai friends... hahaha maybe some day... (canada, turkey, austria and sweeden.. ne?)

              message to mcgill guys:
              carlos is going to practice? he dont write too much e-mails since he come back to montreal... (who send the message? zamo )

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kendokamax View Post
                It was a lot of fun having you with us here.
                I didnt know it was your last practice with us today. Sorry I could not come because of work!
                Thats OK, at least you were there to see me do the crazy 1 vs 6 match on Thursday! That was fun. Exhausting, but fun!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Paburo View Post
                  whoaaaaaa, looking at those two last pics makes me wonder if those guys are a dojo of 'scarificators/bruise masters' or you are reaaaaaaaaal bad case of 'the delicate and tender crystal petal rose'!

                  in any case, thanks a lot for sharing the pictures!

                  mcgill is one of the dojos i have ALWAYS wanted to visit.... maxime knows why hahahaha
                  I think its a mixture of both! Im actually quite proud of the bruises

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by nikozamo View Post
                    carlos is going to practice? he dont write too much e-mails since he come back to montreal... (who send the message? zamo )
                    Carlos hasnt been going to practice very often since he came back from Japan.
                    He is very busy with his new job and I think he is also a bit injured.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Glad to hear you had a good time while here in Canada and that you got to put in some time with a good club!

                      =)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        thanks kendokamax!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Alright, I'm putting an end to this lovefest.

                          McGill is a strange, half-assed dojo where members goof off during seminars; where the sensei typically contradicts himself; where no one shows up on Saturday mornings because of hang-overs; where the post-keiko conversations are R-rated and where, worst of all things, I practice and hang my men.

                          The foot-sweeps are all me. The bruises? At least partially me. Also, I torture kittens... yeah that's right, kittens.

                          I mean, she's thanking us for the two idiots that do jodan and nito... What the hell? That's not a cause to thank people, that's reason to hate, despise, ridicule!
                          .
                          .
                          .
                          .
                          .
                          It was lovely having you here and we miss you

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AlexM View Post
                            Alright, I'm putting an end to this lovefest.

                            McGill is a strange, half-assed dojo where members goof off during seminars; where the sensei typically contradicts himself; where no one shows up on Saturday mornings because of hang-overs; where the post-keiko conversations are R-rated and where, worst of all things, I practice and hang my men.

                            The foot-sweeps are all me. The bruises? At least partially me. Also, I torture kittens... yeah that's right, kittens.

                            I mean, she's thanking us for the two idiots that do jodan and nito... What the hell? That's not a cause to thank people, that's reason to hate, despise, ridicule!
                            .
                            .
                            .
                            .
                            .
                            It was lovely having you here and we miss you
                            Awwwww!! Youre going to have to accept it, you guys are great. Ive been showing off the bruises to anyone silly enough to ask how I got them. And the R-rated beer-soaked post-keiko discussions were the highlight. Its a shame you werent at all of them. That reminds me, ask Fred about sculling salsa....

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X