Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Kendo Clubs In Jeddah, Saudi Arabia ?

Please i have desperately been trying to locate a Kendo school or trainer in Jeddah - Saudi Arabia but currently i have only located them in Riyadh and Dammam, so if anyone would know of any trainer or club in the city of Jeddah i would greatly appreciate help in contacting them, and thank you...

You may have luck asking this dude.

http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/member.php?u=5939

Comment

Originally posted by Abdulaziz View Post
      Please i have desperately been trying to locate a Kendo school or trainer in Jeddah - Saudi Arabia but currently i have only located them in Riyadh and Dammam, so if anyone would know of any trainer or club in the city of Jeddah i would greatly appreciate help in contacting them, and thank you...
      Hello!

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, there is kendo there. There is only one legitimate dojo though, and it's in Riyadh. I'm not aware of any other that is such.

Please click on the link above and contact Moe who is the person Kapplow is referring to above. He's a very nice person and attends the dojo in Riyadh.

I don't know of any legitimate kendo instructor that is IKF(International Kendo Federation, also known as FIK.) affiliated in Dammam or Jeddah, but the kendo sensei in Riyadh is very legitimate. You want a legit teacher. There are a lot of people out there(I mean anywhere) who claim to teach kendo but really can't. You have to be careful who you train with.

Hope you enjoy kendo! It's a lot of hard work, but it sure is worth it!

Kaoru

Comment

The search continues...

Thank you both for your replies, unfortunately i had already spoken to Mr. Mohammad, who runs the club in Riyadh, and he had told me the same thing pretty much, that the only clubs so far were in Riyadh and Dammam, so i posted this thread in hope that someone (a sensei) seeking people interested to train in Jeddah will be able to find at least one,,ME, so the search continues i guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Abdulaziz View Post
          Thank you both for your replies, unfortunately i had already spoken to Mr. Mohammad, who runs the club in Riyadh, and he had told me the same thing pretty much, that the only clubs so far were in Riyadh and Dammam, so i posted this thread in hope that someone (a sensei) seeking people interested to train in Jeddah will be able to find at least one,,ME, so the search continues i guess...
          You're welcome. How far is Jeddah from Riyadh? My dojo is 2 1/2 hours away and I can manage to go only once a month due to the distance. It's better than no kendo. I work hard in between practices to keep up.

So, I think you can do that too, if you can drive. It's all a part of kendo practice to get to the dojo. The lesson you learn is patience.
          I have to rely on someone to drive me since I can't drive. So, I'm just lucky I even get to go. So, you should be happy you have one within reach, if you can make it there once or twice a month. I'm sure the person instructing would understand if you explained the situation. If it's closer, heck you could go once a week! So, if I was you, I'd take advantage of the kendo you do have available. See, you may not progress as fast going only once or twice a month, but at least you'd be learning something. You just take what you can get sometimes.

And about Dammam... I'm going to have to write Mohammad-san to find out if they are legitimate. He'd know. He really wanted to learn kendo, so I told him to ask at the Japanese embassy to see if there was a kendoka there, to help start a group and that's how kendo got started in Riyadh in the first place. That was the first dojo in Saudi Arabia. He found a 6th dan Japanese sensei at the embassy to teach the group.

Anyway, sorry I can't be of more help. I'd love to help more if I could. Good luck!

Kaoru

Comment

Any Kendo Clubs In Jeddah, Saudi Arabia ?
            oh man
            I am the same as you
            I try to find Kendo club in makkah but I think Its almost impossible because I think kendo is not popular in saudi arabia and most people doesn't know what is the meaning of kendo

How far is Jeddah from Riyadh
            it is about 1000 Kilometer so Its impossible to go their every month ( for me )
            even if I drive with 150 Km/h in all road nonstop , I can't take it less than 6 hours

I am sorry I talked too much in my first reply

Comment

• Moaaz a Anda
              Moaaz a Anda commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey man there use to be a nice little group in Jeddah. today a Korean guy contacted me he lives ib Jeddah and he have enough experience, if you still desire to practice I can find some people in Jeddah for you.

Its impossible to go there every month

(sorry my spelling is too bad )

Comment

Originally posted by Kaoru View Post
              You're welcome. How far is Jeddah from Riyadh? My dojo is 2 1/2 hours away and I can manage to go only once a month due to the distance. It's better than no kendo. I work hard in between practices to keep up.

So, I think you can do that too, if you can drive. It's all a part of kendo practice to get to the dojo. The lesson you learn is patience.
              I have to rely on someone to drive me since I can't drive. So, I'm just lucky I even get to go. So, you should be happy you have one within reach, if you can make it there once or twice a month. I'm sure the person instructing would understand if you explained the situation. If it's closer, heck you could go once a week! So, if I was you, I'd take advantage of the kendo you do have available. See, you may not progress as fast going only once or twice a month, but at least you'd be learning something. You just take what you can get sometimes.

And about Dammam... I'm going to have to write Mohammad-san to find out if they are legitimate. He'd know. He really wanted to learn kendo, so I told him to ask at the Japanese embassy to see if there was a kendoka there, to help start a group and that's how kendo got started in Riyadh in the first place. That was the first dojo in Saudi Arabia. He found a 6th dan Japanese sensei at the embassy to teach the group.

Anyway, sorry I can't be of more help. I'd love to help more if I could. Good luck!

Kaoru
              Wow, that's commitment!

[Non-kendo note]
              I passed through Jeddah by car once. I almost long for that sun right now...

Comment

hello every one, i am new here, just like shark i have been looking for a kendo dojo in Saudi Arabia, unlike him i live in Riyadh,ive tried to contact Moe-Swordsaint, but he never reply, iam starting to think he is dead, but i hope not, so if any one know how to contact him please do and let me know if there is a dojo in riyad-KSA

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammad Ali View Post
                  hello every one, i am new here, just like shark i have been looking for a kendo dojo in Saudi Arabia, unlike him i live in Riyadh,ive tried to contact Moe-Swordsaint, but he never reply, iam starting to think he is dead, but i hope not, so if any one know how to contact him please do and let me know if there is a dojo in riyad-KSA

Asalmuailaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu Muhammad!

Moesword saint is alive and well. I am friends with him on facebook. His name is Mohammad Al-khawashki. You can get in touch with him through facebook i am sure.

Comment

thank you for the reply, i was starting to feel like i reached a dead end

Comment

Hello,
                      The same problem here, you see a year ago I was so dispirit so I start home training with friends we have everything we need with the right instruction DVDs.
                      I know many people say it's not right to traint by yourself but what can we do right. Anyway This's my contact info 0545885474 Moaaz.a.anda@hotmail.com feel free to contact me any time any day. By the way I'm Saudi to from Jeddah
                      I have two complete Bogu sets and two bamboo shinais also two uniforms and a set of bukkens I think that the right spelling , and of course DVDs and instructions

Comment

Hello,
                        The same problem here, you see a year ago I was so dispirit so I start home training with friends we have everything we need with the right instruction DVDs.
                        I know many people say it's not right to traint by yourself but what can we do right. Anyway This's my contact info 0545885474 Moaaz.a.anda@hotmail.com feel free to contact me any time any day. By the way I'm Saudi to from Jeddah
                        I have two complete Bogu sets and two bamboo shinais also two uniforms and a set of bukkens I think that the right spelling , and of course DVDs and instructions

Comment

Working...
                        X