X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate karma

Last week was a horribly stressful week with lots of things going wrong, like one of my cockatiels dying and all sorts of badness. Then Thursday night I got a phone call from a friend saying "yes, my boss has authorised a thousand dollars to help you move interstate if you still want this job". So good. Bad week ended well (but stressful cos lots of moving hassles now).

This week just gone, stressful but in a positive way, interview for said job, getting offered said job, current workplace taking it well, etc. Then I get home after work at quarter past eleven to find I've been ROBBED. Thing that gets me really angry is I PASSED THE <insert many expletives that'd make a sailor/programmer blush here> in the street on my way home carrying what looked like my suitcase but thought "no, that's silly, must just look like mine". He didn't get much. DVD player, VHS (both my housemate's though the DVD was a pressie from her kids), my digital camera which I use in my artwork and my suitcase to carry it all. Worst however was he left the back door wide open (was coming back for a second crack) which meant my indoor only cat got out. After calling the police, calling my best friend/sempai and a few other calls, I phoned a friend and told him about the break-in. He said "where's your cat?" and I told him in my panic that I didn't know. Then I heard him on the phone going "Hiki, hiki, c'mere puss". She was in the carpark of the cinema up the road. He tried to catch her but she scarpered. So then I went looking for her but could see neither hide nor hair of her. Thanks to whomsoever is up there, she turned up whilst I was chain-smoking and drinking coffee out the back.

Hopefully they'll catch the bastard but.. damn. Awful timing too. I'm moving in three weeks (luckily my parents are giving me a suitcase) and so my housemate is trying to find replacements for me and a break in wont help.

At least they didn't get my weapons

I'm sorry to hear that... I'd be really pissed if that would happen to me... I hope they get him.

Ah, what a luck that your weapons are still there. Now this would really make me mad if I wasn't able to do any of my hobbies after such a stressful time...

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie View Post
      This week just gone, stressful but in a positive way, interview for said job, getting offered said job, current workplace taking it well, etc. Then I get home after work at quarter past eleven to find I've been ROBBED.

. . . At least they didn't get my weapons
      Oh, man, what a time. I had a similar mad craziness about the time of my job change in June. No deaths, though.

Glad to see you're able to maintain some perspective. I hope things turn better for you.

-B

Comment

Dang Newbie that sucks...Have a hug on me

Comment

This week just gone, stressful but in a positive way, interview for said job, getting offered said job, current workplace taking it well, etc.
          He didn't get much. DVD player, VHS (both my housemate's though the DVD was a pressie from her kids), my digital camera which I use in my artwork and my suitcase to carry it all.
          It could have been worse. Are the beers still there?

Comment

Have all my sympathy, Newbie... Happened to me once, so I know how you feel.

My particular bastard was caught, and I recovered (almost) everything...Hope you get your things soon.

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that, Newbie. I hope they'll get him!!

Comment

Sorry to here the move a trial by fire type situation...

<insert many expletives that'd make a sailor/programmer blush here>
                who says programmers swear?

Bad news all round, though Perth maybe a fresh start. Atl east if theres all this bad stuff happening over here, the move should go smoothly comparatively...

Comment

It's not that there's bad stuff happening in Adelaide, just like every city it has it's good areas and bad areas. Perth's the same.

You wanna know what else is fun though? Finally got through to our land agent today and there's been a couple breakins up this street over the last couple weeks. She meant to ring us and let us know... To freaking late now. Her advice? Get home & contents insurance and buy a dog. Buy a dog! Like it's that easy. No thought of the purchase cost, the vet bills, they need food and exercise and that a dog isn't a tool, it's a pet that needs constant love and attention. Our agent can be really strange like that though. Half the time you'd think she has no idea.

Comment

Oh wow, Newbie-san, that's really awful!! I'm really glad you got most of it back though, and I'm glad you got your cat back.

I hope they catch that horrid jerk!! I hate it when people do mean things like that!

Good luck in your new job and home and I really hope it all goes well and that you like both.

Kaoru

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dog dying. Great that you got your cat back though. Screw the stuff, its not a pet or a person, so don't sweat it. If you do get a dog again, try Akitas. They love to munch on robber parts.

Comment

Dog? I haven't had a dog since I was a kid. Cockatiels are a small parrot.

Comment

Whoops, speed-reading is a bad idea for me, I guess. Sorry about the bird. If it was a dog, I'd still be sorry. Thought you had one of those wierd cocker-spaniel mix breeds. Well, I feel stupid.

Comment

Don't, you were prolly thinking of a cavalier or something. Thanks for everyone's sentiments. Just to make everything even better, the land agent wanted us to cut back all the weeds in the front yard (which were there when we moved in) so now we've got heaps of green rubbish but they wont come and collect it. Green bin only goes out once a fortnight and right now we could prolly fill four at least. There are people coming to look at the place to take over from me on Saturday and my housemate wants me out, so not only am I trying to pack but gotta clean up as well by then. This is all getting very hard...

Comment

Just remember things will get better. You'll be in a job you wanted, a new place to decorate and make yours. Christmas is coming so that means presents and lots of food. And now you can ask for a new DVD player for Christmas. Your cat must love you because she came back. Most cats would just find a new person to feed them and give them a place to sleep. And the best part you got home after the burglar left, not when he was still there. You never know if he had a knife or a gun.

Comment

Working...
                              X