X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect cut

After a year of training, last night I did a perfect kote. I saw the opportunity, I went for it, and as it occured, I was an outside observer. As my Sensei say; It just happaned."

How cool is that?

pretty cool.

Comment

No big deal.

Originally posted by zaemon View Post
      After a year of training, last night I did a perfect kote. I saw the opportunity, I went for it, and as it occured, I was an outside observer. As my Sensei say; It just happaned."

How cool is that?
      This is nothing, every time I go to practice, shiai or shinsa I pull out such a feat with the flick of my wrist. Be it Men, Do, Kote, Gyaku Do you name it................................................ .................................................. .......

NOT!!!!
      Congratulations and many happy returns.

Comment

Its like a Kendo epiphany.............just happens...its spot on....and its rare. But its the most awesome thing when it comes together. And I'll bet you weren't thinking about it when you did it.......'no mind' Awesome stuff!!

Comment

I sucked majorly at performing a "do" strike against my sensei during the whole night, until he said "here is your last 'do', and then we are calling it a day".....I did it without any motivation, but at the same time, I did it with feeling in hoping I will get it correct. I got it spot on, perfect and he was like, "STOP!, YAMAE!, now meditate on this....".....

Usually, my crappy 'do' strike would consist of me being too close for the Do, or I seem to have enough offensive force, but the shinai seems to bounce off like 3 times when it hits the "do", until the zanshin.

Comment

Congrats on the shinning kendo moment! Had one myself a few weeks ago, nailed a perfect men on my sensei and he just looked at me and said, "Nice! Good timing," and then promptly switched to jodan. Mopped the floor with me too after that...

Anyways, great job!

Comment

What helps me with do is not thinking about the arms, but concentrating on good footwork. Well, in fact that helps a lot, your arms move just naturally then.

Congratulations on the kote^^

Comment

Can you be in the middle of an epiphany?

I am realising, whilst over the past couple of years i've been training and apparently doing this kendo stuff, in fact, i have been merely swinging a stick, stomping and shouting...

Comment

I can say with absolute certainty that I've never made an imperfect cut with a shinai.

Probably because I've never made ANY cut with a shinai. Or even touched a shinai. My しない is the negative form of する instead of 竹刀

Congratulations!

Comment

Oh thank you, thank you. I just know that I'm going to spend the next 20 years trying to repeat the moment but if it takes that long it will be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                    X