X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Densha Otoko (電車男 )

Just saw this film with my missus, brought a tear to her eye.
    I quite enjoyed it.

I thought it was an excellent reflection on Japan and how the anime/gaming culture fit in - or try to.

Anyone have info or see the series?

Saw the series. Parts were hilarious although the main character is soooo awkward that I felt like beating him up from time to time. Although when the dorkiness was shown in reasonable quantities then it was pretty good. I would recommend watching it, though.

Comment

yes, refer to the PM i sent you. the actors are so skillful that i couldn't believe it.

this was done in japan 2 years ago (at least).

Comment

I watched the TC series done by the NHK but I haven't seen the Movie.
        Which one were you talking about?

But anywho, Densha Otoko and Shinsengumi! are my fav. shows from the NHK (so far)

Comment

movie was done last year. have watched both.

highly recommended. go forth and download/ or buy (if there is a subbed version, which I doubted)

Comment

The movie has a subtitled version released in 2005 (at least I think thats when it was. I rented it from Netflix a long time ago). I don't think the series was ever subbed but can't say for sure. The manga has been translated to english as well.

Comment

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FHknryJ4ig

part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq_2-i3AM0U

Comment

Sorry yes, the movie. My copy is from 2005 and is subtitled as Mike said!

Comment

I've watched the drama 2 years ago on the tv. I enjoyed it so much that I have to cancel my appoinment with friends or come home early to catch it.

Comment

Working...
                  X