X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die Ninja Die

My dojo has been infiltrated by a possible ninja. Brand new guy shows up and knows too many kata from too many styles, and at such a young age. Sensei asks "how many of the kata do you know? most respond 3 or 5 maybe 7. Over twenty the young one says..... Do I have a true ninja or not? You be the judge.

Ask him if he learned them in the swampest places. If yes... I am afraid you're infiltrated.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stdan View Post
      My dojo has been infiltrated by a possible ninja. Brand new guy shows up and knows too many kata from too many styles, and at such a young age. Sensei asks "how many of the kata do you know? most respond 3 or 5 maybe 7. Over twenty the young one says..... Do I have a true ninja or not? You be the judge.
      Sounds to me like the child might be gifted.

What's the context of how the question is being posed?
      What sort of Katas?

Comment

I assumed Seitei Kata seeing as that is what we are learning. But he seems to know more.

Gifted Maybe!?!?!?! But......What Gift?

Comment

I assumed Seitei Kata seeing as that is what we are learning. But he seems to know more.

Gifted Maybe!?!?!?! But......What Gift?
          Maybe I'm missing the point?
          If he can do 20 Kata of what you are learning, wouldn't that be a good thing?
          Or did you mean, is he from another Dojo sent to spy on you or something?

Comment

You be the judge.
            Don't be silly.
            The wouldn't know you had a ninja in your midst until you wake up gagging on poison moments before your "mysterious death".

Comment

Originally posted by xvikingx View Post
              Don't be silly.
              The wouldn't know you had a ninja in your midst until you wake up gagging on poison moments before your "mysterious death".
              They might be sending you a ninjagram, be careful.

Joking aside, ask him

Comment

Originally posted by JCM View Post
                They might be sending you a ninjagram, be careful.

Joking aside, ask him
                ............................................______ __........................
                ....................................,.-...................``~.,..................
                .............................,.-...................................-.,............
                .........................,/...............................................:, ........
                .....................,?........................... ...........................,.....
                .................../.................................................. .........,}....
                ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
                .............../.................................................. .,:........./.....
                ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
                ............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../........
                .........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`..... ..._/...........
                ..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}...........
                ...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../............
                ...,,,___.`~,......~.,....................`.....} ............../.............
                ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-...............
                ............/.`~,......`-...................................../...................
                .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__...........
                ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,....
                .....`=~-,__......`,....................................... ..................
                ...................`=~-,,.,.............................................. ........
                ................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__..
                .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
                ........................................_......... .._,-%.......`...............

Comment

There are no prodigies in Kendo....

Only BST'ers: Blood, Sweat & Tears!

Comment

Have you asked him where he studied before? I walked into my dojo in Japan knowing about a third of the MJER forms without being a shodan and I'm not a ninjer.

Is he displaying any ninjer skilz like sword twirling or overly intense kiai?

Does he always quote anime as gospel?

Is he on Youtube? (if so post it so we can get a laugh out of it)

Comment

Originally posted by Kagerou View Post
                      Have you asked him where he studied before? I walked into my dojo in Japan knowing about a third of the MJER forms without being a shodan and I'm not a ninjer.

Is he displaying any ninjer skilz like sword twirling or overly intense kiai?

Does he always quote anime as gospel?

Is he on Youtube? (if so post it so we can get a laugh out of it)
                      One more question:

"Does he know which end of the shinai is UP?"

Comment

All in all he seems to be a pretty good guy. I think he took some other ryu before coming to work with us. I guess he just seems a little overzealous?!?
                        Hes probably not a ninja at all, He just tries a little too hard to be the one that nows ..... Ninja qualities but not a ninja.

Comment

I don't mean to pick on anyone, but i believe the original post asked if he had a NINJA in their midst, not a NINJER.

I think we are all aware of the differences.

Still, kinda sounds like you either have ninja, or someone that is addicted to youtube (assuming that he has never done any formal training before)

Comment

At the very least, your thread marketing skills are awesome. Even if you don't care for ninja discussions, the title "die ninja die" is certainly an attention getter.

Comment

I'm a little peaved. I thought it was German....

Comment

Working...
                              X