X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUSKF Board of Directors help....

I ran across something at the AUSKF website on the Board of Directors...

Each regional federation is given a number of representatives proportional to its AUSKF dues paying kendo population. These representatives elect a Board of Directors. The board of directors elects a set of officers of the AUSKF who, along with the board and committees appointed by the board
    That's a copy/paste. Can someone please explain to me exactly what the last sentence means because there's a grammar problem that's causing me some confusion.

The board of directors elects a set of officers of the AUSKF who, along with the board and committees appointed by the board

...it's a sentence fragment...

Is it supposed to read "The board of directors elects a set of officers of the AUSKF who, along with the board and committees, are appointed by the board?

...that doesn't seem to make much sense to me either, but I'm not a very smart guy....

any ideas?

Looks like something got cut off. It's probably supposed to be "along with the board and committees appointed by the board [missing - maybe "make policy and decisions for the AUSKF"]

Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
      I ran across something at the AUSKF website on the Board of Directors...

That's a copy/paste. Can someone please explain to me exactly what the last sentence means because there's a grammar problem that's causing me some confusion.

The board of directors elects a set of officers of the AUSKF who, along with the board and committees appointed by the board

...it's a sentence fragment...

Is it supposed to read "The board of directors elects a set of officers of the AUSKF who, along with the board and committees, are appointed by the board?

...that doesn't seem to make much sense to me either, but I'm not a very smart guy....

any ideas?
      You're probably right and that's the way I would have read it. I put an inquiry out the AUSKF webmaster and I'll let you know she says.

Comment

The bylaws allow the BOD to elect individuals from the pool of directors as well as non-directors to be officers of the corporation. It allows that if there were an individual with special talent that was willing to serve they could be elected as an officer. It also allows that the board may go outside of the elected directors and bring in other non-directors to serve on various committees.

Comment

Are the by-laws and the P&P one in the same thing?
          ... the newsletter regularly makes mention of a change to such-and-such a by-law...

Is there a copy of them online somewhere? I can't seem to find them on the AUSKF website...

i found a piece on our own blog (apparently I did a cut/paste job from a newsletter) about changes to the PPG (policy and procedure guide) for the mentor program..
          google doesn't seem to be any help....

anybody know?

Comment

Working...
          X