Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BKA Forum

Dear All,

After the events of recent times, it was decided that the BKA should have a private discussion forum for its members to have their say in the running of the association, ask questions of the EC and discuss issues relating to BKA events etc. A public area is included for potential new members (to find a dojo, ask questions etc.) and also a private area for internal debate.

So, with EC backing, a number of individuals have set up the official British Kendo Association's discussion forum to promote the BKA and its three arts. Please register on there - and don't forget to add your BKA number in order to view the entire forum (including the private area for BKA members only).

http://www.kendo.org.uk/forum/

I'll offer apologies on behalf of the BKA (as I am the most prolific poster from the BKA on here) for seemingly trying to steal forum members but the BKA really does need somewhere like this to discuss internal stuff.

All the best,

Scott

Congratulations on that initiative both to you and the BKA officials envolved. I'm much impressed with how open and transparent the BKA makes its business, so to speak. I hope it works out well and serves as an example to other Kendo/Iai/Jo associations out there.
    Cough.
    Cough.

Cheers.

Comment

Yay!       

Comment

Good job Chaps.

(Dammit Shred_lord beat me to the registration by a minute :-))

Comment

Scott, Guys

Very well done on this

regards

phil..

Comment

No credit to me - I'm just helping admin.

Comment

Well done all.

BUT.....

It is not going to replace KWF. The reasons seem clear to me.

1 - in KWF you can share thoughts with people around the world not just in your own back yard.
              2 - people get to know each, its like a little community; we know whos who and what kind of stuff they will put. Who gets on with who and who doesn't get on etc etc
              3 - I suspect people may be a bit suspicious of the BKA forum, at least in its early days. People may feel reluctant to express their true thoughts on things for a variety of reasons.

But I do hope it does well despite some misgivings.

Lee

Comment

Great idea, Scott. If things get out of hand with BKA politics again, I will shut down the offending thread and point everyone over to the BKA forum.

Comment

Originally posted by satsumaruma View Post
                  It is not going to replace KWF.
                  I certainly hope not. I think it is just a place where people can ask BKA-related stuff that is not really relevant to the rest of the world.

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill View Post
                  Great idea, Scott. If things get out of hand with BKA politics again, I will shut down the offending thread and point everyone over to the BKA forum.
                  Cheers Neil. I think the bucho debacle pretty much birthed this idea though, not me.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUK View Post
                    the BKA really does need somewhere like this to discuss internal stuff.
                    Yeah I've been bloated for weeks, I've tried Activia and Yakult, I've even taken to natural senna, prunes and bran flakes for breakfast and G.O.D. knows it ain't shifted. Now I have somewhere to discuss this as clearly kendo-world is NOT the place. Thanks, I'm off to shoot my kendo career in the foot yet again, wehay!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUK View Post
                      I think the bucho debacle pretty much birthed this idea though
                      Nah, the 1st version was up almost 2 years ago. I think the climate has just become ripe for it now.

Comment

Oh No! that means I'll have to get my gossip and entertainment elsewhere!

Comment

nice one

We can't have too many gorums.
                          The more the merrier.

All the best

Daryoush

Comment

Sorry, I ment to say that we can't have too many forums.

Daryoush

Comment

Weell Dun ScoTT VeRry God EfForT, I am ProUd To Be Your FreinD On HerE

Comment

Working...
                              X