X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would win in a fight?

Me and my friend have been arguing about which weapon would win a fight. He said a aluminum baseball bat(hollow on the inside) would win, but i said the bokken would because the bokken has longer range, can block the bat and would be faster when swinging as well as can dent to damage the bat from hits. Now his argument was that the bat was more powerful and could destroy the bokken or use his arm to block the bokken and use a bat to hit(i think his arm would break from the impact of the bokken).

The people fighting would be an average joe with a baseball bat Versus a kendo student with 6 kyu

Input with a verdict would be cool.

Waste of time kiddies, who cares????? Not going to test it out...... both are bashing weapons techiniqualy etc etc. Now the real trick would be setting yourself on fire and juggling blades, throwing each one at your enemy before you die. Now that takes guts lol

Comment

Zen answer: the person who ran off.

Real answer: the person with the gun.

Why, you're welcome!

Comment

Baseball bat already won.

Comment

I must say that I am totally sure about how long a base ball bat is. But if you are going to use it for swinging sideways then the bokken would cut you down (or perhaps bash you down) as soon as you leave the center. If you use the bat more like Kodachi in just one arm, then it would all depend upon getting up close where you can strike and where the guy with the bokken is at an disadvantage. The 3 Kodachi katas could give you a lot of inspiration here.

I do not think you would be able to split the bokken with a strike unto it. I heard once about somebody that was able to achieve this, but that was using a Jo which gives significantly more leverage, and perhaps there was a weakness in the wood.
          Last edited by jhk; 31st May 2009, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I believe Chuck Norris would defeat both.

Rennis Buchner

Comment

The answer is: neither.

Both "fighters" would have ultra-failed before the match started...

Comment

Originally posted by Abramo View Post
                Real answer: the person with the gun.
                "Good Ash, bad Ash... I'm the one with the gun."

AoD

-Charles

Comment

*I* would win, and thats all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Of_Music View Post
                    Both "fighters" would have ultra-failed before the match started...
                    The OP failed by posting this drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by God Of Death View Post
                      Me and my friend have been arguing about which weapon would win a fight. He said a aluminum baseball bat(hollow on the inside) would win, but i said the bokken would because the bokken has longer range, can block the bat and would be faster when swinging as well as can dent to damage the bat from hits. Now his argument was that the bat was more powerful and could destroy the bokken or use his arm to block the bokken and use a bat to hit(i think his arm would break from the impact of the bokken).

The people fighting would be an average joe with a baseball bat Versus a kendo student with 6 kyu

Cool! Perhaps you could test this out with your mate and get back to us. Don't forget to record the event and upload it onto Youtube.

Comment

I smell another episode of Deadliest Warrior on Spike.

Comment

who feckin cares

Comment

Originally posted by God Of Death View Post
                            http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...64944_2627.jpg

Comment

Errm duuuh!

the one with the semtex strapped to his/her body obviously, duh!

Comment

Working...
                              X