Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever get that fluffy feeling inside..?

Where you feel really proud of your dojo and all the people in it, and you just want to go and give everyone a big hug and be like, "I'm so glad you exist and teach me~"?

Originally posted by projecthikari View Post
    Where you feel really proud of your dojo and all the people in it, and you just want to go and give everyone a big hug and be like, "I'm so glad you exist and teach me~"?
    er... No!
    (And I hope I never do... sounds weird!)

Comment

I did once but I changed my pusher and I have been fine ever since !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Daily urge

I have it daily but I restrain myself and don't give in to the urge.

Are you serious? Or just your regular tree hugger?

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about heat exhaustion and passing out while still wearing your men.

Comment

And then I hit them. I think it's called keiko.........

Comment

Maalox should help with that....

Comment

As expected some hilarious replies.... but to the point... no. I take pride in my dojo and I get along very well with the members but no fluffy feeling.

Comment

i prefer beer over sweaty hugs.

pete

Comment

Hard training, sore knees, even more intense week long seminar...... but no fluffy feeling..... buckets of sweat due to intense training..... hullicanation due to lack of beer..... (come on we kendoka need it regularlly) ..... still no fluffy feeling........ sure you haven`t been lighting up one two many??? and if you have save some for me lol.

Comment

I remember the first grading my students undertook. I was proper shitting myself with nerves - and I was just watching! It was only ikkyu but I was like a dad on sports day...

Now those guys are nidan and I am proud of 'em, as I am all of the dojo members - but I still don't want to hug the ugly bleeders.

Comment

OK no more jokes.

I think its normal to feel proud of training someone who walks in green one day, and months or years later you see them winning tournaments and achieving high gradings. Nothing wrong with that of course.

We all know the frustration of training someone. No, do it this way, no this way, no this way, no this way.WTF, are you listening to me????

And we all know the pride. I beat my Sensei at a small jodo taikai recently, I shrugged it off, but he still said it was a good thing. I still shrug it off but Im sure somewhere hes proud that he taught me 95% of what I know. (Damn, that might cost me a beer tomorrow after practice.)

Ayn Rand was always proud of her accomplishments and never shrugged them off. Nothing wrong with that.

Its a great feeling enjoy it, you earned it.

Comment

Now those guys are nidan and I am proud of 'em, as I am all of the dojo members - but I still don't want to hug the ugly bleeders.
                          You hugged one of my students though...perhaps because she's a mad woman and you couldn't escape????

Fluffy feeling? No. Reasonably happy that they have finally got what I am trying to teach them? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by chidokan View Post
                            You hugged one of my students though...perhaps because she's a mad woman and you couldn't escape????
                            Perhaps she was trying to haul him off to her shed (note the first comment).

Comment

I get that feeling, so much so that my sensei is also my daughters god father, you spend so much time with a group of guys bonds are bound to build, also we have practice at our home dojo with the big boss, so all our sister dojo's meet up and it really is a family atmosphere

In the past we have helped one another, in iai and in personal terms, it's part of the budo, and whilst some say training is a lonely path some off the nutbars you share it with make it all the worth while

Comment

Working...
                              X