Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks amazing, Scott. Is it inappropriate to ask how this is all being funded? I assume its money laundering, drug dealing and a protection racket!

Comment

Mostly drugs, some gun smuggling.

Give me a call if you want to talk about it. I have a crate of AKs going cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUK View Post
        I have a crate of AKs going cheap.
        They're difficult to snort, I've heard.

Comment

Well well well, four months have gone by since last posting here!

Here's an update for you all! THE DOJO IS ONE-THIRD DONE! Wooohooooooo!

Check out the progress so far here:

http://heijoshin.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/one-month-on/

Comment

Very nice Scott!
            I am seriously and sincerely jealous!
            OK, not about the work involved (sounds like the house I'm trying to make liveable!), but about the results you are achieving.

Comment

No results yet, fella - but we can all see the dojo starting to emerge from the dust now...

Comment

Top work Scott. Like Paul, very jealous!

One of the guys from my parent dojo has built a house specifically with a section with High ceilings. I've been eyeing off my huge dining room...........

Comment

Very cool! Sounds like quite a project and it's interesting to follow along on your site. Good luck with the rest of the construction!

Comment

How are you building your floor? It looks like a floating floor, I assume plywood over the frame. How are you planning on finishing it?

Comment

I think you're seeing the wall panels while they were lying on the floor! We ain't started the floor yet!

It will be a finished wooden floor surface on a ply base on foam blocks.

Comment

..... and will be re-inforced to withstand the weight it will have to bear.....

Comment

I think you're seeing the wall panels while they were lying on the floor! We ain't started the floor yet!

I'm envious. Would you mind sharing a rough estimate of the costs involved? I know our dojo has considered replacing our floor.

Comment

Have you got your foam yet? Check out this article on building a sprung floor with foam blocks for judo. No idea if that construction would work for you but it's a good article for ideas anyways.

Comment

Yeah that is one of the articles we used for reference.

The only difference is that we will use a smaller (in height) foam block (and probably more of) - to not create 'give' in the floor, but to allow deflection/deformation of the ply panels during fumikomi.

Comment

Ladies and Gents,

We have an opening night date - 23rd July 2011, doors open 7pm.

While we're not yet complete, we will be finished within a month - which gives us a few weeks to do minor works, tidying, detailing etc.

Any KW member who would like to attend our opening ceremony, demonstration and food/drink/party - please drop me a PM. The dojo is 15 miles north of Birmingham, just off the A5 and easily accessible via the M6 and other major midlands motorways.

Comment

Working...
                                X