X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-keiko beer

Is there anything better than a beer after practice with your fellow dojo mates? I'm hard pressed to think so.

Just sayin'.

Nope. I thoroughly enjoy the few times that we get a couple of of "of age" members out for a drink after practice. Always fun times with good friends and we get some insight and detailed information about Kendo, too!

Comment

Seriously can't think of anything better.

Comment

A cold mug of beer feels & taste so good after a tough practice!

Comment

Shower then soak in a hot bath (Japanese style)

THEN ice cold beer, snacks and kendo company

Comment

I think we've had this discussion more than once before (though it's not one I'd discourage). I have my stock answer on the ideal nature of beer after kendo:

1. Hydration after heavy exercise is important and beer is not so 'impure' that it doesn't help you re-hydrate.
            2. Carbohydrate reloading is also important and beer, is rich in complex carbs, fulfilling that need.
            3. For us older folks, mild analgesics can be helpful after strenuous workouts and the alcohol in the beer provides that as well.

For these three reasons beer is clearly the ideal post work out, and therefore post kendo beverage...for purely medicinal purposes...of course.

Comment

While I never drink alcohol, I very much enjoy the kendo bar scene when I can make it (it's a long way home).

Comment

Is there anything better than a beer after practice with your fellow dojo mates?
                Hmmm ... how about beer after competition with a whole bar full of sword people from all over the country?

Comment

Every year we host a seminar/tournament/grading that is attended by people from all over the Canadian prairies. Having a beer after keiko with all my kendo friends that I only see once or twice a year is pretty sweet.

Comment

mmm...... beer and poutine....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott H View Post
                      Is there anything better than a beer after practice with your fellow dojo mates? I'm hard pressed to think so.
                      Yes.

Two beers after practice with your fellow dojo mates.

Comment

Originally posted by UnimportantHero View Post
                        Yes.

Two beers after practice with your fellow dojo mates.
                        I usually make it three. And a whiskey to finish things off.

Comment

Well the last time we had a club outing, hardly anyone joined... we drank root beer and ate cookies, and talked much about the levels were at which was fun. then after that i went out, got smashed to the rim and did not know what happend to my kendo gear, till it was left at a certain place

Comment

Working...
                          X