Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy

Hey all,
    Just posted in the Dojo area to find a dojo, because I couldn't get the URL to work to find one. Anways, I'm Noah, from Northern Michigan. Big Rapids/Reed City area. Found out about Kendo and am super stoked to get started. Just very new, and know very little. The more research I do the more complex I discover this art is. Had no clue it was about discipline and more than the sword but the way of the sword. Very inspiring. Hoping to start this soon. I'm 19 and going to school fulltime. If anyone knows anyone in my area please send em my way so I can start getting involved in a more close community

Blessings,
    Noah Moss

You can check the midwest kendo federation site to see any dojo near you.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah Moss View Post
      Hey all,
      Just posted in the Dojo area to find a dojo, because I couldn't get the URL to work to find one. Anways, I'm Noah, from Northern Michigan. Big Rapids/Reed City area. Found out about Kendo and am super stoked to get started. Just very new, and know very little. The more research I do the more complex I discover this art is. Had no clue it was about discipline and more than the sword but the way of the sword. Very inspiring. Hoping to start this soon. I'm 19 and going to school fulltime. If anyone knows anyone in my area please send em my way so I can start getting involved in a more close community

Blessings,
      Noah Moss
      There is a dojo in Grand Rapids, if you are willing to travel. That's the closest to you.
      www.grkendo.com

Comment

There is a couple in Mt Pleasant as well. If you PM me I can give you a contact however I'm not sure that they are still practicing due to job pressures etc. Matsuua sensei in Grad Raipds is definitely a good choice however.

Comment

Working...
        X