Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you've had a good session when...

I've only been doing Kendo for nine months or so, but am still loving it. Last night I got back home and realised that my bogu bag felt twice the weight it did when I left the house - I was well and truly done in.

Anyway, this lead me to the title of this thread, which I thought might be fun. Anyone got any others?

If I may, I'll start:

You know you've had a good session when... you leave the dojo and your bogu bag feels twice the weight it did when you left your house.

You know you've had a good session when you score a men-ippon against an opponent who has eluded you so far.

Comment

I used to have to carry the now twice as heavy bag up 5 storeys. That was hell.

Comment

You know you've had a good session when you can't even taste the post-keiko beer.

Comment

You know you've had a good practice when you can't even login to kendo-world anymore.

Comment

You know you've had a good session when you're glad it's over!

Comment

You know you've had a good session when the next morning you seriously consider not getting out of bed.

Comment

Are you all masochists?
                You know it when you are eager for the next one.

Comment

You know you've had a good session when you have that first sip of beer...

Comment

You know you've had a good session when you can't do a 'sweat stain Rorschach test' on your keiko-gi because it's completely soaked. Is that just me who plays that game?

Comment

You know you've had a good session when... you have that many bruises it doesn't hurt anymore.

And

You know you've had a good session when... your sensei tells you 'nice hit, now don't do it again'.

Comment

You know you've had a good session when you hear that "pop" of the shinai as you strike your target properly. Not the sound of shinai on the mengane, or on the tsuba, but right on the cloth. That sound is beautiful.

Comment

When the scent of your keikogi could varnish the floor.

Comment

When its over far too quickly! Like the session I just got home from...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott H View Post
                              You know you've had a good session when you hear that "pop" of the shinai as you strike your target properly. Not the sound of shinai on the mengane, or on the tsuba, but right on the cloth. That sound is beautiful.
                              That sound IS awesome, nearly orgasmic in some instances, that's just me again right?

Comment

Working...
                              X